- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- WAIKīKī, HONOLULU, HI, UNITED STATES
A Dinner Cook is responsible for maintaining and setting-up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the broiler station.
What will I be doing?
A Dinner Cook is responsible for maintaining and setting-up, food production and quality control of all meat, fish, fowl and other food items prepared in the broiler station. Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Prepares all menu food items according to standard recipes and as specified, to ensure consistency of product. Requires lifting and transportation of heavy food products weighing up to 50 lbs. and with the assistance of a hand cart/truck up to 350 lbs.
- Visually inspects select and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, checking on portion control, especially in specific cuts of meat, to maintain quality product.
- Keeps all refrigeration, equipment, and storage and working areas in clean, working condition in order to comply with health department regulations.
- Prepares daily specials in accordance with products provided by Sous Chef.
- Organizes mise en place for the next day''s preparation.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred. Culinary or Apprenticeship program preferred.
Two years cooking experience required. Broiler cooking preferred. Fry cook experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate.
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of broiler cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or transport goods with wheeled assistance weighing a maximum of 350 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport items weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment and stand for extended periods of time.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- quality control