- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
Under moderate supervision, provides therapeutic supports within a positive treatment/care environment, teaching and modeling healthy behaviors, consistent with the treatment/care goals of recovery, independence, socialization, normalization, and integration within the community; and promoting satisfying, productive, and valued lives. Works in a milieu setting and does not bill for services separately from that setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Teaches, models, and coaches activities of daily living (ADL) (e. g., personal hygiene, housekeeping, meal preparation, money management, educational and vocational goal-setting, nutrition needs); monitors performance of ADL skills and provides therapeutic feedback. Teaches psychoeducation classes on recovery (e. g., medication side effects, ADL, communication skills, stress management strategies). Plans and facilitates community-based activities (e. g., medical appointments, grocery shopping, leisure/recreation/socialization); facilitates access to community resources (e. g., AA/NA meetings, school, job placement). Contributes to safe and therapeutic environment by practicing verbal de-escalation and, as authorized, other behavior management techniques. Serves as “ambassador” of CKY and its clients by integrating clients into the community and educating community members about people with disabilities and about CKY’s services and programming. Collaborates with community systems on behalf of individuals served (e. g., school, landlord, family, transportation provider, employer). Provides transportation (e. g., driving CKY van or personal vehicle), ensuring adherence to standard safety practices (e. g., driver certification, seat belts, child safety seats); teaches and facilitates use of public transportation systems. Provides personal care, as needed (e. g., personal hygiene, toileting, laundry, meal preparation, safe eating techniques). Administers First Aid and CPR, as needed. Supervises self-administered medication, depending on the specific clinical program’s protocols. Identifies assigned clients’ food and/or medication allergies and exercises reasonable care to avoid exposure to allergens. Communicates information relevant to care, treatment, and services, with other CKY staff members and, as authorized, with non-CKY providers, to ensure appropriate level and quality of care. May take responsibility for specific assignments within the program (e. g., food programs, admissions at Crisis Stabilization Unit). Documents services and care provided by timely completing various forms (e. g., attendance records, daily logs, shift/progress notes, incident reports, time reports in accordance with CKY and regulatory standards. Maintains confidentiality of protected health information, consistent with CKY procedures and state and federal law. Assist with discharge planning as needed. Provide support for additional training needs of direct support staff as needed. Attends and participates in all required staff and service planning meetings and trainings.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Over two and up to three years full-time experience working with individuals who receive services for treatment of a mental health, substance abuse, intellectual disability, or physical health condition.
- Ability to provide nurturing attention and care to individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to communicate with verbal and nonverbal individuals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Teaching skills.
- Patience and empathy.
- Maturity and judgment.
- Position involves considerable physical exertion, lifting a maximum of 100 pounds, with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May include frequent lifting of patients.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Positive driving record.
Within the bounds of their respective job descriptions, all staff are expected to exercise principle-centered leadership, focused on customer service responsiveness, with a continuous quality improvement orientation. Additionally, all staff are expected to develop a working knowledge of and follow all policies and procedures related to safety management and other Joint Commission standards.
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability - Company Paid
- Wellness Programs - Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About the company
Centerstone is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. We provide mental health care, addiction treatment and community education in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Nationally, we have specialized programs for service members, veterans and their loved ones. Our research institute improves behavioral healthcare through research and technology, and our foundation secures philanthropic resources to support our work.