- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Director - SRE
ADP is hiring a Director of SRE who can work with Release and Change Management. Does this sound like you?
- Puzzle solver. Sees obstacles as opportunities. Uses logic and judgment to navigate and unravel challenges.
- Analytical mastermind. Examines systems and spots trends that others wouldn't find.
- Insightful strategist. Transforms insights into ideas and ideas into plans.
- Trailblazer. Passionate about change and shaping the future.
We believe people make great companies, not the other way around. Our people make all the difference in delivering innovative HR technologies and solutions that help employees all over the world do their jobs better. The result? We're building the next generation of ADP technologies.
As a Director of SRE you'll Participate in analysis, planning, design, development, implementation and documentation of software application modules
Location: 15 Waterview Blvd, Parsippany, NJ
THINGS YOU'LL DO: Responsibilities
- Manage MAS R&D Engineering's team Kanban to help prioritize and deliver services to our internal clients. Ensure clear and smooth communication between teams on SLAs
- Production incident management using existing tools and implementation of new processes on PagerDuty
- Manage Continuous Integration loops using Industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Sonarcube, BlackDuck, Nexus etc.
- Technologies used should cover code quality with measurable risks and deviation from a known baseline
- Manage Continuous Delivery pipelines using industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation etc.
- Solutions should ensure 100% uptime using Blue/Green & A/B deployments strategies
- Manage and lead the design of fault tolerant, self-healing cloud deployments using industry standard cloud providers as well as on-prem IAAS offerings.
- Solutions should include monitoring, audit trail and notification process using industry standard tools such as Dynatrace, PagerDuty, Cloud watch, Cloud trail etc.
- Manage cloud solutions that are cloud provider agnostic and implement a "Infrastructure as code" strategy to environment builds using Terraform, Cloudformation and Ansible.
- Manage SCM branching processes specifically as it relates to GIT workflows
- Manage implementation of single click environment builds that include post verification and automated testing.
- EXPERIENCE YOU NEED: Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience managing an engineering organization with 4+ years hands-on working experience (with skills below)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science and Masters preferred
- AGILE Methodology
- Release/Support Change Management
- Deep knowledge and experience in Python and SQL
- Experience working in an Agile framework
- Strong Programming skills, good understanding of design patterns.
Keen ability to understand the business being supported PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Jira/Rally to manage Kanban team
SRE tools: Jira/Slack/Dynatrace/ITSM integration
Build automation (Jenkins)
Cluster compute -- Kubernetes/Docker
Cloud services -- AWS/Google Cloud
Service Integration (SOA) knowledge -- Kafka, MQ, Webservices
Build Scripting (Maven)
Webtier knowledge (loadbalancers/Layer7/Apache)
Java programming knowledge
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.