- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Director, Biostatistics will be functioning as a statistical lead for the CNS therapeutic area with Medical Affairs. This position will work collaboratively with clinicians, publication leads, biostatisticians, and statistical programmers in the planning, conduct, and analysis for medical communications and phase 4/post marketing commitment studies.
- Lead the biostatistics function and personnel in the CNS therapeutic area within Medical Affairs.
- Develop and execute statistical strategy, design, and analyses to support medical communications and phase 4 clinical trials.
- Individually contribute and support a compound within the CNS therapeutic area supporting medical affairs.
- Oversee biostatisticians leading other compounds within the CNS therapeutic area within medical affairs.
- Work with department head, peer management, and employees to develop, implement, and maintain department standards and practices
- Work collaboratively with other members on the Medical Communications team as well as clinical investigators and statistical collaborators outside of the company to prepare abstracts, posters, and manuscripts to publish study results and support presentations at scientific meetings
- Provide scientifically sound analyses that answer questions requested by the Medical Information team
- Review publications, marketing materials, and education and training materials that contain clinical data and product claims
- Participate in Publication Planning Meetings as a Biostatistics representative; contribute to publication planning including statistical and analytical requirements for clinical studies, projects, publications, and communication plans
- Perform post-hoc analyses of existing databases and meta-analyses as needed and appropriate. Participate in global publication teams to drive strategy and provide statistical insight.
- Stay informed with data being generated in current clinical development programs
- Participate in the design, analysis, and publication of results from post marketing commitments and phase 4 studies.
- Approximately 10-15% travel is necessary
- MS or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiology/Public Health (or related field), with 8+ years of industry experience in Biostatistics
- Experience supporting publication of analysis results (e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Experience in supporting congress presentations and publishing in peer-reviewed clinical journals
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical trial design and analysis
- Proficient in SAS; knowledge of other statistical applications and programming languages a plus
- Excellent in oral and written communications
- Able to prioritize and drive results with a high commitment to integrity
- Good organization and project management skills
- Able to adjust to changing priorities
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
About the company