- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Director, Cloud Security Engineering
Operations & Technology
The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. The successful candidate will work directly with our business areas across NBCUniversal to shape the future of cloud security for the company.
Responsible for leading a team of security engineers to align Cyber Security services with systems and application development teams who are creating or migrating their solutions to the cloud. This includes defining cloud security best practices, guidelines, and policies as well as identifying gaps in capabilities, evaluating new tools, and working with senior leadership to define strategy.
The Director, Cloud Security Engineering will function as a subject matter expert for securely deploying to the cloud, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and others. They will partner with other Cyber Security leaders as well as NBCUniversal businesses to support the design, development and deployment of secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and applying sound engineering knowledge across many different technology stacks and cloud platforms.
Implement and model security practices for enterprise and cloud environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
Use strong interpersonal skills to articulate security requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
Support teams in designing, implementing, deploying, and sustaining systems that start out and remain secure
Lead transformation from serial security assessments to a focus on developing automated testing tools and processes
Use understanding of the software/systems development lifecycles to offer better ways to engage with development teams
Create awareness of the Cyber Security team’s services throughout the business
Interact with technology teams to understand business imperatives, document policies, and generate security requirements
Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of secure cloud deployment processes
Identify gaps in security services, tools, processes, and procedures
Leverage technical understanding of how software and systems are built to help streamline security requirements without impacting program deliverables and project deadlines
Track team progress and produce metrics that show effectiveness of Cyber Security programs
Determine solutions to facilitate the Cyber Security team’s involvement in secure cloud deployments
Escalate and brief senior management on issues affecting technology delivery
Communicate effectively with representatives of the Lines of Business, technology specialists, and senior leaders
• 8-10+ years experience in an engineering-based role with technical delivery experience.
• Experience working with development teams.
• Experience developing for and deploying to the cloud
• Excellent technical subject matter expertise in an area such as the continuous integration/delivery, software as a service, software defined networking, and/or secure data sharing workflows.
• Experience with public cloud providers is preferred (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
• In-depth experience building and developing technical talent
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
• Strategic thinking and decision-making.
• Ability to balance multiple demands in a fast-paced growing environment
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors
• Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels.
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
• A highly service-oriented approach with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction
• Experience advising on technical related issues
• Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their viewpoints and perspectives are adequately
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.