- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Buffalo Grove
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Leica Biosystems Imaging, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
The Director of Commercial Excellence and DBS is responsible for driving global commercial continuous improvement and processes.
The Danaher Business System (DBS) is our proven system for achieving success. DBS is a philosophy, set of values, and series of management processes that collectively define who we are and how we do what we do at Danaher. Our DBS tools are designed to help us excel in the areas of Growth, Leadership, and Lean, building on a strong foundation of DBS fundamentals (Voice of Customer, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, Kaizen, 5S, Problem Solving, and Visual & Daily Management).
The deployment of DBS Growth Tools and Standard Work will enable Leica Biosystems to deliver above market growth. This role is broadly separated into two key components:
* Commercial DBSL Management - All Commercial Growth DBSLs will report into this position. This will include up to 5 DBSLs located around the globe with dotted line responsibility for China. The Director will own developing a commercial DBS multi-year roadmap and executing it in-year through the DBSLs and other internal customers; and,
* Global Commercial Excellence - There will be 2-3 roles reporting into the Director that are responsible for driving global commercial standard work. These roles will define and deploy the back-office processes to support improved performance and alignment in a global/matrixed environment. The Commercial Excellence roles will be focused on Sales Operations/Enablement and Service.
* Lead and support commercially oriented Strategic Plan initiatives and Policy Deployment (in year) execution. This includes identifying both breakthrough opportunities and existing gaps and linking those to resource and DBS deployment. This role will interact heavily with global and regional Selling Units, Marketing, and Business Unit leadership.
* Develop and execute DBS strategy and roadmap to continuously improve processes and results within Sales, Marketing, and BU organizations. Leverage a solid understanding of DBS Fundamentals combined with business knowledge and key commercial processes such as Funnel Management, Transformative Marketing, and Growth Rooms/Daily Management to achieve goals.
* Lead development of global kaizen funnel and DBS Certified Practitioner funnel which closes existing gaps and builds future capability. Lead effective sustainment of results and drive problem solving as needed to close gaps to targets.
Global Commercial Excellence
* Lead team to develop new and consistent commercial back office processes to improve customer experience and commercial execution. This includes defining standard work, KPIs, and daily management to support Sales Operations and Service Execution. These processes will be installed consistently in all key global selling unit geographies (total of 4).
* Lead the team on the use of DBS tools and resources to identify improvement areas for our customers. This may include touchpoints with customers throughout the buying journey and post-purchase, with the goal of identifying, measuring, and improving key areas. Understanding the customer experience and leading cross-functional teams to improve will be critical to success.
* Plays a key role within the overall DBS Team (not just commercial) to lead annual planning and prioritization with in year measurement of results. Will often lead 1-2 separate initiatives within the DBS Team to drive continued engagement and performance.
Must be able to lead and influence across departments and multiple geographies. Ability to work up and down the commercial organization in order to drive focus and impact of results. Must think and act strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint. Must be very customer focused and have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* BS or BA Degree in Business or equivalent discipline, Master's Degree in Business or equivalent discipline preferred;
* 10 years of commercial, sales, product management, or marketing experience with demonstrated success leading teams in a global environment;
* Experience developing and owning strategic plan initiatives and in year execution (Policy Deployment);
* Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS roadmap and implement key growth initiatives; successfully drives change, handles conflict / ambiguity.
* Superior skills in communications, training / adult learning, consulting / influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures.
* Demonstrated successful experience as DBS Leader or as commercial or functional leader with extensive DBS experience.
* Fluency in a variety of different languages (e.g., German, Spanish, French, etc) in addition to English preferred
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors
* Teamwork - must be able to lead a team(s) of Danaher employees from multiple disciplines and/or companies (Leadership Anchor, Builds People, Teams, and Organizations)
* Ability to lead and influence others - must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to action on key initiatives (Leadership Anchor, Charts the Course)
* Results orientation - must deliver results (Leadership Anchor, Leads through DBS)
* Technical excellence - must possess the technical skills necessary to be seen as credible in DHR by peers and managers (Leadership Anchor, Leads through DBS)
* Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms (Leadership Anchor, Charts the Course)
* Up to 40% of the time, often internationally
* This position is based in Buffalo Grove
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you'll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: PAT000590
- operating system
About the company
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. A global network of more than 20 operating companies, we drive meaningful innovation in some of today’s most dynamic industries through our operating companies in five strategic platforms: Life Sciences, Diagnostics, Dental, Water Quality and Product Identification. The engine at the heart of our success is the Danaher Business System (DBS), a set of tools that enables continuous improvement around lean, growth and leadership. Through the ingenuity of our people, the power of DBS and the impact of our meaningful technologies, we help realize life’s potential in ourselves and for those we serve.