- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Eden Prairie
Grow your career with an exciting opportunity with Optum, where you will be a part of creating software solutions that help to change lives - millions of lives. As aData Engineering team memberat Optum, you will have the opportunity to be a member of a focused team dedicated to helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. Here, you'll partner with some of the smartest people you've ever worked with to design solutions to meet a wide range of health consumer needs.
As part of our elite team your job is to show integrity and compassion, and a deep curiosity for solving the hardest problems in our industry. You will provide technical expertise as an engineer on an agile development team in the design and delivery of a next generation healthcare data and analytics platform. You are expected to be an accomplished software engineer able to write, understand, and test complex code. You will bring deep experience in data intensive and/or distributed systems to design creative solutions and collaborate with your team. There's never been a more exciting time to work in health care where performance and innovation can fuelyour life's best work.(sm)
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap
- Work with architects and other software engineers to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and deliver creative, high quality solutions
- Design, develop, test and maintain data intensive applications including ETL, relational and non-relational data storage, APIs and big data application development
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Build and main configuration management and automation tools, deployment strategies/processes, monitoring tools.
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation.
- Experience in Data As a Service and Container As a Service models.
- Experience in incident ticket tracking tools and processes like ServiceNow
- Collaborate on quality strategies that ensure our data platform is correct, resilient, scalable and secure
- Support applications throughout the SDLC from design to decommission
- Participate in and provide input for system analysis, design walkthroughs and code reviews
- Participate in defect review and triage
- Adhere to design/coding standards and constantly improve the way we build and deliver software
- 8+ years of designing, coding and supporting distributed, data intensive systems at scale. Hands on experience is a MUST.
- 6+ years of relational database delivery
- 4+ years of non-relational (NoSQL, Big Data) delivery
- 10+ years of experience working within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 4+ years of development experience with BIG Data technology stack (e.g. Hadoop, MapR, Talend, PIG Scripting, HBase, HIVE, SPARK); Relational databases; and Test automation in Linux/Windows environments
- 4+ years of experience in Agile Delivery
- 3+ years in Dev Ops Automation tools (Oozie, Python etc.) and enabling automation
- Experience in managing DevOps teams in an Agile Delivery/onshore-offshore model (5-10 headcount)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to describe “data/capability stories” (and not defects) and explain value (and not resolution) to customers.
- Experience in delivering Data Platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building data intensive systems in a public, hybrid or private cloud environment
- Experience with these or similar technologies: Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark, OpenShift, Mesos, Docker, Jenkins, MSSQL, Kafka, Talend, Tableau, R, Scala, Pig, Java
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to work with delivery teams to think out of box
- Extremely strong communicator able to build relationships across many teams around the globe
- Ability to lead and mentor staff at Development management (and below) career and skill levels
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Technology Careers with Optum.Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to doyour life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Director Data Engineer, Optum, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota