- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Do you want to play a key role in transforming the commercial payments data team at Amex into a world class enterprise data engineering team? Do you enjoy thinking big while diving deep into the details of data science and machine learning? Are you ready to apply the transformative effect of data and technology to drive business results and improve customer experience?
We are looking for a Director of Data Science to lead the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Center of Excellence (AI & ML CoE) for Global Commercial Payments at American Express.
As a seasoned leader, you will make data science more approachable so teams can leverage the discipline to solve a wide range of business problems. You will also develop capabilities to provide advanced insights and predictive analytics in the area of Supply chain commerce, matching, spend analytics, and data management. You will help envision, build, and deploy our next generation data-based analytics products at Amex.
As an expert in data and analytics, you will be responsible for reimagining how we use technology and data to improve buyer and supplier experience across the business customer lifecycle. You will be focused on driving results quickly, building partnerships across business, product, and engineering, and driving success in adoption of capabilities that drive user engagement, and improve experience.
You'll play a key role in transforming the commercial payments data team into a world class enterprise data engineering team. This position is based at our New York City office.
What you'll Accomplish:
- Define the vision for Data Science and Machine Learning for Global Commercial business, define the roadmap, oversee planning, prioritization, and execution of the roadmap, and own adoption to drive business value
- Build cross-functional team of Data Scientists, Machine learning engineers, and Data Engineers. Attract, hire, grow, and retain talented engineers
- Partner with Business, Product and Engineering teams to explore opportunities, and shape the roadmap for machine learning needs
- Evangelize AI and ML internally and externally, providing thought leadership.
- Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization
- Lead by example and be comfortable delivering results as an individual contributor
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Bachelor, Master, or PHD, in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, or related quantitative field
- Required proficiency in Linear models & descriptive statistics, Bayesian Inference, Decision Tree Models, Advanced time series forecasting, Linear Algebra
- Nice to have: Deep Learning / Tensorflow / Keras, Spectral methods - SVD, PCA, SVM and kernel methods
- Experience with R, Python, SAS, SPSS, or similar statistical analysis/visualization tool
- Experience with Big Data, Spark, and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- 3+ years as technical lead or manager
- 5+ years' experience in data science, computer science, or quantitative analysis
- Experience building product vision and roadmap
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving results while taking others along
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2019, 1:14:12 PM