- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Fidelity, we love to use data and analytics to personalize incredible customer experiences and develop solutions that help our customers live the lives they want. As part of our digital transformation, we have significant investments in innovative big data capabilities to support our customer obsessed culture and growing data science practice. We are looking for a hands-on data solutions architect leader that can help us build our next generation, cloud enabled data ecosystem.
This position will be based in Durham, NC.
The Expertise we're looking for
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated technology and personal leadership experience in architecting, designing and building highly scalable data applications.
- Enterprise scale expertise in data management best practices such as Master Data Management, data integration, data security, data analytics, metadata management and data quality.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in architecting modern data integration frameworks, highly scalable distributed systems using open source and emerging data architecture designs/patterns.
- Experience building external cloud (e.g. AWS) data applications and capabilities is highly desirable.
- Expert ability to evaluate, prototype and recommend open source and vendor technologies and platforms.
- Proven experience in relational, NoSQL, Microservices, ELT technologies and in-memory databases.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery technologies is desirable.
- This role requires 10+ years of data solution architecture and design experience.
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM)
The Purpose of your role
Director, Data Solutions Architect in PI Customer Data Technologies will drive a holistic information management strategy across OLAP and OLTP platforms, develop reference architecture and roadmaps to build highly available, scalable and distributed data platforms using open source frameworks to process high volume, high velocity and wide variety of structured and unstructured data. This role is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping and recommending solutions in Big data and analytics space. Additionally, collaborate with key partners in the adoption of emerging technologies.
The Skills you bring
- Leadership skills to architect and design critical customer facing data capabilities.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with business domain leads, data scientists, product owners, enterprise architects and other functional leads to deliver world class data solutions.
- Expertise in open source streaming products, Microservices, Message Oriented Middleware, Stream processing, Master Data Management, Data Lake, Deep Analytic technologies, BI Reporting and Analytics.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python) and Spark.
- Mastery of relational database, NoSQL, ETL/ELT and data integration technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in architecting and implementing Data Warehouse using Snowflake.
- Experience building data applications and capabilities in external cloud (e.g. AWS). Expert ability to evaluate, prototype and recommend open source and vendor technologies
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations and guide strategic discussions with senior management.
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
The Value you deliver
- Architecting, designing and helping engineering teams to build and support mission critical applications
- Exploring new technology trends and leveraging them to simplify our data ecosystem
- Driving Innovation and guiding the teams to implement solutions with future thinking
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Acting as a technical mentor to the engineering teams and bringing them up to speed on latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning
How your work impacts the organization
Customer Data Technology in PI supports the platforms that enable business users to collect and analyze the customer data needed to provide the best customer experience.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Information Technology
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
About the company