- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
As the Eventbrite Employee Communications leader you will develop and rollout the internal communications strategy and plan. You will craft consistent messaging, build regular programming and create engaging programs to help connect employees’ work to Eventbrite’s mission: Bringing the world together through live experiences. You will engage and collaborate with all levels in the organization, globally. This role reports to the VP of Global Communications.
Our small, but mighty, Global Communications team is charged with bringing Eventbrite into people’s hearts, minds, and conversations. We are storytellers, press partners and evangelists who take a creative approach towards all forms of communications - from external media relations and speaking opportunities, to engaging global employee communication.
STRATEGY AND EXECUTION
- Create strategy and results for building employee awareness of Eventbrite’s business initiatives through messaging and targeted communication channels
- Work with senior leaders, including the CEO to draft moments and messages for one-way and two-way communication
- Craft key integrated and aligned messages, narratives, and stories for internal presentations
- Act as a strategic communications partner with the cross-functional leadership team on all major employee initiatives and campaigns.
- Identify new opportunities and programs to proactively connect, engage, and inspire Britelings
- Drive internal alignment and timely communications around important company updates (i.e. business results, leadership announcements, global growth, etc.)
- Develop engaging programs that connect employees to our mission, goals, technology and company culture
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Lead and manage the employee communications team and mentor individuals for career development, helping them cultivate their unique skills and experience
- Oversee operations and org structure, ensuring the team is always optimized for future business challenges to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Advocate for the team and team priorities with clients and partners
- Partner closely with the Briteling Experience (BX) team to build communications plans around People Operations, Learning and Development, and HR programs
- Build rapport with senior leadership and provide sound counsel on all communications matters
- Influence corporate and global teams at multiple levels of the organization by earning their respect, understanding their business needs and using sound judgment
- Know the business and our product
THE SKILL SET
- Proactive and always seeking the next opportunity to spread Briteling’s impact
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and deliver quality work under pressure
- Exceptional written communications skills and content creator
- Think creatively and collaboratively on how to best engage and bring employees together, globally
- Skilled in both creating strategies and executing plans
- Be flexible
- Know and advocate on behalf of our employees
- Adapt to change quickly and be a change agent for others
- Deliver solid measured results
- Be discreet and possess exceptional judgement
- Have experience and comfort working with executives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10-12 years of employee communications experience
- Event experience (content and/or experience development for kickoffs or leadership offsites)
- Executive communications experience
- Change management experience
Eventbrite is a global ticketing and event technology platform, powering millions of live experiences each year. We empower creators of events of all shapes and sizes – from music festivals, experiential yoga, political rallies to gaming competitions ––by providing them the tools and resources they need to seamlessly plan, promote, and produce live experiences around the world. Last year, the team served 795,000 creators hosting nearly 4 million experiences across 170 countries. Meet some of the Britelings that make it happen.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Applicant Privacy Notice
Apply for this job
- communication and journalism
About the company
Eventbrite’s goal of building the marketplace for live experiences relies on our foundation of world-class talent and unbeatable company culture.
Hiring top talent in some of the most competitive markets globally is no easy task, but we have a creative and dedicated team who has helped Eventbrite scale to over 1,000 Britelings in 12 countries over the past 10 years.