- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic. And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are
empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine.
You will be responsible for the overall implementation of the external US government engagement plan at the federal level.
This includes, but not limited to, developing and executing the legislative and advocacy strategies for Sandoz at the federal level, in collaboration and partnership with, the Director of Federal Policy and the Novartis federal Government Affairs team.
Specifically, the Director:
• Advocates on behalf of Sandoz with respect to federal legislation, policies and regulations that impact corporate business objectives and competitiveness
• Develops federal engagement strategy aligned with Sandoz business strategy. Develops and maintains relationships with key federal government officials and federal colleagues
• Tracks, interprets, and drafts federal legislation with impact to Sandoz and effectively communicates internally. Develops legislative strategy and policy papers on key federal legislative and regulatory issues
• Leads external federal advocacy coalitions of importance to Sandoz. Works in close collaboration with trade associations (e.g. AAM) to engage federal officials and shape federal legislation in line with Sandoz strategy
• Interfaces with senior management to report on project and program milestones and to present project needs.
• Conducts briefings and technical meetings for top management and customer representatives
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you'll bring to the role:
• BS/BA required. Advanced degree preferred. Discipline in political science, or a life science, or legal is a plus.
• 10+ years of related experience in federal government affairs; experience from a pharmaceutical/biotechnology firm or from a related trade association
• Successful track record of legislative success and experience in coalition management
• Strong understanding of federal legislative process and key influencers. Proven track record of building trusted advisor relationships with federal officials
• Enhanced communication and collaboration skills, ability to engage others to advance goals, and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects/roles in rapidly evolving environment
• Internal & external savviness to collaborate influence, persuade, and gain commitment with key stakeholders
• A leader with who embraces and ensures a diverse and inclusive environment
• High level of integrity and a role model for ethics and compliance adherence
Travel: Approx. 25%
Business Unit COMMERCIAL OPS NA SZ
Site Washington, D.C.
Company/Legal Entity Sandoz Inc
Functional Area Communications & Public Affairs
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.