- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Primary Job Location: United States:New York : New York
The MetLife Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) team has been evolving in line with MetLife’s transformation to a company that delivers greater value for our customers, employees and shareholders, Today, GBM is a strategic, customer-focused marketing practice that is dedicated to driving business impact across the globe. With a focus on customer led value propositions, relevant customer engagement and fostering a purpose driven brand, the team is committed to enhancing MetLife’s relationship with its customers and helping them navigate life’s twists and turns. GBM has 450+ employees in global, regional and local roles.
Global Marketing Strategy & Sciences is a newly established function with overall responsibility for identifying insights to define customer, channel and portfolio strategies to better anticipate and deliver on customer needs and marketing opportunities, while measuring impact and standards. This function also oversees the MetLife Brand Strategy and the planning process for setting the strategic plan for Marketing globally.
Role Value Proposition:
The Director, Global Marketing Strategy, will collaborate with internal and external peers and partners to ensure a holistic and effective strategic marketing approach. He or she must be comfortable in fluid situations, exhibit high organizational and emotional intelligence, and demonstrate the agility needed to thrive in transformation environments. This role represents an opportunity to join MetLife in a leadership role during an exciting period of evolution. The Customer is at the core of this transformation and enterprise strategy, and this person will be part of helping define the way forward for the next chapter at MetLife.
This role will operate as a strategic marketer with responsibility to advance MetLife’s core strategic goal to deliver the right solutions to the right customers in partnership with the business and functions to create approaches that drive demand generation and build customer relationships and loyalty. He or she will build stakeholder support and drive One MetLife alignment in a highly-matrixed organization through direct and influence leadership.
- Develop overall customer strategies that drive growth and value and aligns with business objectives and enterprise strategic priorities
- Provide strategic marketing leadership, frameworks, and methodologies in support of business line objectives:
- Partner with Marketing Sciences to conduct research and analysis to define customer insights
- Tailor customer insights, competitor intelligence and pragmatic marketing solutions for customer solutions, demand generation and customer loyalty to specific products and distribution channels
- Quickly gain a deep understanding of MetLife’s competitive environment and target customers, their wants and needs, to help create a differentiated, industry-leading delivery model
- In partnership with business leadership, strategy and marketing teams, create operationally-focused marketing plans with keen focus on tackling key business challenges and meeting business and financial goals
- Design and implement comprehensive marketing pilots, from market sizing and business model design to target optimization and financial analysis
- Define information needs, fact finding, and data analysis to support strategic problem solving and sound decision making
- Work closely with numerous peers in Global Brand and Marketing to define, deliver and execute the brand strategy
- Build strong working relationships, stakeholder support, and credibility at all levels of the organization through the demonstration of deep subject matter and disciplinary competency
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8-10+ years of diverse and progressively senior full life-cycle marketing experience, from strategic planning through go-to-market execution, marketing communications, and brand/product management
- Strong record of success developing talent and leading teams with significant marketing-driven P&L responsibility
- Ability to deliver customer-centric advice optimized for both B2C and B2B2C channels based on insights-led research
- Excellent analytical skills with significant experience leading data-based decision making and distilling large amounts of data into clear, concise stories
- Demonstrated experience navigating and leading within a highly matrixed, complex environment; exceptional collaboration and influencing skills with a track record of motivating change through well-structured, data-supported, and clearly articulated recommendations
- Entrepreneurial-like innovation experience within a larger company or brand would be desirable
- Operational business experience; ability to make decisions and drive towards results