- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Since our founding in 1978 as one of the world's first global biotechnology companies, Biogen has led innovative scientific research with the goal over the last decade to defeat devastating neurological diseases.
Must have recent pharmaceutical experience.
The SPINRAZA Global Associate Directoror Director will be a key member of the Global Commercial team focused on making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) a rare neuromuscular disease. They will have an extraordinary opportunity in a therapeutic area with high unmet need, working on marketing deliverables that will ultimately help make this transformative treatment available to appropriate patients.
This individual will be part of a small but highly functioning global commercial team that are responsible to translate the competitive landscape and market insights into actionable global strategies and activities that will set the asset up for success in the short and long term. They will have shared accountability for global revenue, market share, and budget targets. They will report to the Senior Director, Global Commercial Lead for SMA. This is a critical role and has high visibility across the Global and Regional organization.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Being a core member responsible defining the global SPINRAZA brand strategy, including the development of our Integrated Customer plan (ICP), the development and execution of our worldwide competitive readiness strategy and our global strategic projects (including state of the art global guidance toolkits)
- Collaborate with market research function to add analytical rigor to strategy through the creation and optimization of classical marketing tools (e.g., market map, patient journey, segmentation) as well as forecast guidance
- Collaborate with global medical, value & access and corporate affairs colleagues on the development of brand strategic communication themes, congress strategy and plans that align to our overarching ICP
- Partner with scientific communications, corporate affairs and patient advocacy to develop powerful differentiating communications for the product that will serve to guide local affiliates on how to leverage relevant data in real time to compete effectively in the market
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with regions and affiliates to integrate global product strategy into local market execution while considering regional market dynamics
- Work closely with our program management team and cross functional partners to develop and execute our long-term life cycle management activities
- Work in partnership with the regions and top affiliates to integrate global product strategy into local market execution while considering regional market dynamics
- Manage our global commercial activities budget and lead the relationship with our global agency partners including RFP decisions, and agency assessments
The qualified candidate must have a proven track record of strong strategic thinking with practical experience of taking strategy through to execution. The qualified candidate should have:
- Deep commercial/marketing expertise
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving orientation
- Expertise in making key business choices and leading implementation across the matrix
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to synthesize information for senior management
- Ability to effectively influence, collaborate, and communicate with internal stakeholders, at all levels of the organization, and external business partners
- Highly motivated by team success and has strong work ethics
- Seasoned commercial professional with 10+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry, focused on marketing and commercialization (brand management in specialty medicine and/or rare disease experience
- Proven record in driving brand success in a highly competitive environment at both a global and country level
- Solid understanding of customer insights and value chain with an ability to translate insights into strategic levers and actionable priorities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to drive clarity, cross-functional collaboration and accountability towards proven results and crisp decision making
- Work well within a fast paced and dynamic environment with the ability to influence without direct authority
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA highly preferred
- Anticipated travel: 20-30% international
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the company