- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 gross per year
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an exciting company.
• The Director, Government Engagement is accountable for:
• The support in the development of the market or cluster government strategy, including a list of prioritized client and solution opportunities, a relationship heat map, and detailed view of the revenue opportunity and a market engagement plan
• Orchestrating Mastercard's government engagements within the market or cluster (noncommercial, pre-commercial and commercial), engaging national, regional or local governments and associated agencies.
• Direct engagement on key sales opportunities across the market /cluster, assisting country managers and winning strategic deals.
• Develop and execute the market government strategy starting from:
• Understanding local, national and regional priorities.
• Engaging market and/or division leadership to prioritize clients and solution opportunities.
• Develop a solid projects pipeline, drive conversion over time (year 1 and 2) and secure revenues (from year 3 onwards)
• Directly engage senior government stakeholders to influence strategic decisions (building relevance) and to develop lines of sight into new revenues
• Securing global, regional and local resources to execute on the opportunities and drive marquee wins.
Develop scalable revenue models at market level, when appropriate
- Assist with the delivery of the sold projects
• Support the building and curation of a local, internal community of practice.
Act as first line of support for country managers, Public Policy and Account Teams for thought leadership and strategic sales engagements.
* Experience working for or closely with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging very senior government leaders to build durable relations.
* Proven track record in leading government projects and/or commercial deals in the assigned division or market * Consultative selling focused, with deep product, services, and solutions expertise.
* Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose.
Ability to skillfully lead complex regional initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines.
* Demonstrated ability to work across divisional boundaries, within the assigned region, division or market * Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment; readiness to take-on stretch goals.
* Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills.
* Undergraduate degree required.
MBA or graduate degree preferred.
* Fluency in the local language in the assigned market and English is required.
At least one other Division language a strong plus.
- economists and finance