- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - ILLINOIS - ABBOTT PARK
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Human Resource Director develops, leads and manages the delivery of HR services for the assigned client areas. This role will support several corporate groups including Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Corporate Engineering and Clara Abbott (~600 employees globally). It is a diverse client group that requires the selected individual to work across divisions and to build a strong team within the function. Ideal candidates would possess expertise leading HR for diverse populations, prior international experience, and success working in a complex matrix environment.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- In partnership with leaders, develop and implement a talent plan that ensures the organization has the right talent to deliver on commitments, consistent team performance and a sustainable talent bench for functional growth over several years.
- Bring thought leadership and experience to change management initiatives in the group.
- Responsible for the quality and responsiveness of the overall delivery of all HR services for the respective groups.
- Ensure HR policies and regulations compliance in the respective client groups.
- Serve as the key HR Leader on the functional/regional councils (EEC, EHS, Quality, Regulatory, GOC).
- Ensure external businesses and talent trends are being reviewed/benchmarked to develop best practices for the future.
- Serve as a thought leader for larger HR organization to stimulate and drive innovative initiatives and programs to support the business short and long-range plans.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from Area BHR, Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet and exceed business needs.
- Provides strategic BHR support for all functional areas of the business and responsible for Executive Talent Management Review (ETMR) project management, including Metrics, Analytics and Business Integration activities related to mergers and acquisitions, as appropriate.
Minimum Experience / Requirements:
- 10 years of experience leading HR initiatives and programs
- 5 years of experience with talent management, employee relations and compensation/benefits programs
- Experience across multiple organizations
- Experience working in a matrix HR environment
- Experience with organization culture change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate with management to achieve both HR and business objectives
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
JOB FAMILY:HR Consultant
DIVISION:CHR Corporate Human Resources
LOCATION:United States Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.