- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Boone Hospital Center is a 394-bed full service hospital located in Columbia, MO. It is a regional referral center located in the center of the state. The hospital provides progressive healthcare programs, services, and technology to people in 26 mid-Missouri counties. Although the hospital is full service, areas in which Boone Hospital Center excels are cardiology, neurology, oncology, surgical, obstetrical services, and numerous other specialties. The hospital maintains a 24-hour emergency center with hospital-based ambulance service and a helipad for incoming emergency air transportation. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Boone Hospital Center has been certified as a "Magnet Hospital" by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Intensive Care Unit at Boone Hospital Center is a 32 bed unit that provides excellent and compassionate care to critically ill patients. The Staff nurses provide direct care to patients while working closely with the multi-disciplinary team to provide progressive and evidence based care practice. The population of patients in this fast-paced unit is extremely broad and encompasses a wide variety of medical, neurological and surgical diagnoses. Common diagnoses of patients in this unit include acute coronary syndromes, pulmonary failure, renal failure, sepsis, hemorrhagic and non-hemorrhagic strokes, pre and post craniotomies, complicated thoracic and lumbar surgeries, cardiothoracic surgeries, major abdominal surgeries and major vascular surgeries.
Directs and manages departmental needs and supervises operations of the patient care department in collaboration with the Vice President of Patient Care Services. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with system and departmental goals and objectives. Interprets hospital goals and objectives, policies and procedures for personnel, patients and public.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Serves as a resource for nursing practice and promotes patient and staff education through use of available resources.
- Seeks methods to continually improve hospital and system processes that relate to the mission, vision and values thereby increasing the quality of service provided to the community.
- Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the care given to patients.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 5-10 years
- 5-10 years
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Master's Degree - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Critical Care Nurse (CCRN)Benefits Statement
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company