- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About this role Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) Overview: Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock's global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts, and provides various other administrative support functions to BlackRock’s various product ranges. GroupAbout this role
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) Overview:
Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS) manages the accounting and operating control environment for BlackRock's global commingled vehicles and separately managed accounts, and provides various other administrative support functions to BlackRock’s various product ranges. Group functions include: Oversight of internal and outsourced accounting, reporting and performance functions (mutual funds, ETFs, alternatives, insurance and separately managed accounts) - Board Governance and administration - Product lifecycle management – launches, mergers, liquidations - Portfolio Compliance – monitoring for adherence to product and regulatory guidelines and Credit facilities.
Product Oversight and Governance (POG) Overview:
Product Oversight and Governance (POG) is a unit within GAAPS. POG teams are organized regionally to support the unique jurisdictional requirements of our various commingled fund ranges. POG teams manage the fund-level “structural” needs of the various fund ranges, including support to BlackRock business organizations that create our products, and the boards of directors that oversee our funds.
Members of Product Oversight and Governance typically serve as senior officers of our fund ranges, are responsible for overseeing the funds’ overall control environment and manage numerous business affairs in support of our funds. These individuals will connect across GAAPS and Business Operations to manage product and regulatory changes within our fund ranges. Product Oversight and Governance has matrix management responsibility for the fund ranges, including activities carried out by Fund Accounting Oversight and Global Financial Reporting functions.
Product Management – Exchange Traded Funds
- Lifecycle Events, Restructures & On-Boarding –Work with internal partners and external service providers in planning and executing fund lifecycle events and fund enhancements (e.g., fund launches, liquidations, restructures, corporate action events, stock splits)
- Project Management – leading or managing projects associated with special transactions or unique product features
- Tax & Accounting Policy Coordination – Partner with Accounting Policy and Product Tax teams, including Capital Gains Tax Committee. Oversee matters related to: EU discrimination claims, foreign tax reclaims, establishment of appropriate tax accrual policies and other tax matters that may impact the funds
- Internal Control Environment – design and review service level metrics from internal and external teams to assess effectiveness of control environment. Implement strategic control enhancements as necessary.
- Operating Events – in coordination with our partners, elevate and address any operating events that impact our funds.
- Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) – perform annual self-assessment of risk and control environment.
- Policies and Procedures – ensure maintenance and application of relevant fund policies and procedures
- Disclosures Control and Procedures – partnering with financial reporting team, participate in the annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting Projects / Other
- Provide management reporting both internally and externally to the iShares Board.
- Participate in client meetings to discuss overall control environment of our product line.
- Engage as appropriate on business related initiatives (e.g., acquisitions, service provider conversions, mergers, etc.)
Experience & Key Competencies:
- 10+ years of professional financial services experience preferably within Asset Management
- In depth understand of Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) operations
- Demonstrated experience in Fund Administration
- Experience working with Services Providers is a plus
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund Tax and SEC regulation a plus
- Ability translate ideas into action and coordinate projects that involve many different specialized people and counterparts
- Effective standout colleague who creates an atmosphere in which people work together to produce superior results
- Polished interpersonal skills and a natural, effective, consultative style
- An ability to influence senior management, external service providers, outsourcing partners, business unit managers, and legal and risk advisers
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- ms project