- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Department:: Anesthesia Technology
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Mar 18, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year college serving a diverse community including peoples of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education.
General Statement of Duties: The Director of Anesthesia Technology is responsible for the management and delivery of the Anesthesia Technology program. The Director is responsible for faculty management; budget management; curriculum development; clinical site agreements; advisory board collaboration; program accreditations and innovative delivery of instruction. The Director will assure all programs meet state and national requirements. The Director will provide leadership and administrative direction to the Anesthesia Technology faculty, including the implementation of collective bargaining agreement(s).
Supervision Received: The Director Reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs or his/her Designee.
Supervision Exercised: This position is responsible for the supervision and activities of the staff and faculty of the Anesthesia Technology Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the activities of faculty and staff for all levels of Anesthesia Technology education.
- Ensures compliance with national, regional and/or local accrediting and licensure guidelines.
- Facilitates the development, review and revision of Anesthesia Technology curricula to ensure quality and relevancy in collaboration with the faculty and advisory board.
- Establishes and maintains high quality clinical sites and appropriate site agreements.
- Recruits, recommends, and evaluates all new full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, and support staff.
- Orients all new department members to the philosophy, goals, and procedures of the program and the College.
- Manages and insures the delivery of high quality, professional standard instructional services by faculty in the division.
- Encourages the use of multiple modes of delivery including blended, hybrid and other online options, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar to ensure student application and selection processes are conducted according to compliance standards.
- Implements the effective assessment of student learning at the course, program and college levels.
- Conducts annual program review.
- Assists in providing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff in the department.
- Maintains systematic flow of information through regularly scheduled department and program meetings.
- Arbitrates student problems regarding academic program requirements in accordance with College, Commonwealth and federal policy.
- Develops schedules of courses and manages faculty load.
- Maintains multi-disciplinary partnerships with external professional entities, including stakeholders, clinical site providers and employers, to support the program advisory board.
- Works effectively as a team member with other college departments.
- Represents Roxbury Community College and Anesthesia Technology education in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
(All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.)
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution of higher education in the US. A master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of full-time experience as an Anesthesia Technologist.
- Proficiency in curriculum design, program administration, evaluation, instruction, and academic advising.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards, in particular those of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Committee on Accreditation for Anesthesia Technology Education (CAATE), and ability to lead the accreditation process.
- Experience in urban multicultural higher education and clinical settings.
- Familiarity with multiple education modalities including simulation and online learning.
- Superior interpersonal skills. A highly effective listener and communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A seasoned manager, diplomat and leader with strong organizational and team-building skills and the ability to inspire faculty with diverse interests.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn new software requirements.
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Submit your curriculum vitae, letter of interest, college transcript, salary history and three professional references.
About the company