- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Plymouth Meeting
Job Overview: CenterSquare is looking to hire a Director of Business Development.
This position will report directly to the Head of Business Development and will be responsible for a full range of activities related to the raising of capital for CenterSquare's private real estate, listed real estate, listed infrastructure and debt fund offerings.
The targeted client base is institutional investors including foundations, endowments, corporate and public pension funds located in the Midwest and central Canada.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Support all aspects of the marketing and fundraising cycle, including discussions with potential investors, management presentations, marketing, diligence and closing of capital commitments
· Actively develop and maintain client relationships, including providing on-going investor updates
· Continuously build and target new relationships with institutional investors, consultant and other real estate investors
· Meet with clients, prospects and consultants to educate them about our product offerings and deliver road show presentations
· Participate in the RFP process, assist in the design of collateral marketing materials and prepare performance presentations while working closely with the client service and marketing teams
· Contribute to new product design, development and launch
· Negotiate investment terms with potential investors and limited partners
· Attend industry and investor conferences and represent the firm in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identify and attractiveness of the firm and its products
· Significant travel required Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the institutional investment industry in a similar capacity, with demonstrated experience in making client presentations and securing new business
· Established network of institutional investors and consultants, concentrated in the Midwest
· Undergraduate degree in finance or finance related field
· CFA certification or MBA preferred but not required
· Strong communication, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals, from prospective clients, Board members, consultants and existing managers and communicate with them on general investment themes, market conditions, and other substantive matters
· Thorough knowledge of financial markets, specifically the firm's products as well as competitive real estate investment strategies preferred but not required
· Knowledge of legal structures, investment parameters, regulations, ERISA and UBTI matters is required
· Proven ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
· Proven track record as a collaborative team player
· Highly motivated, passionate and intellectually curious
· Candidates must have, or be willing to obtain the appropriate FINRA registration requirements (Series 7 & 63) We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our firm.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- real estate