- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Director of Operations supports learning by managing all operational services related to the care and upkeep of all physical facilities and grounds on the Aurora campus and satellite locations in Aurora. Assists in the planning and management of the university's repair and replacement budgets in support of the physical plant. Helps the administration formulate policies and procedures related to the management of the physical resources.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the physical facilities and grounds on the Aurora campus; makes regular inspections of facilities and grounds to identify and insure that conditions, repairs, and improvements meet or exceed university standards.
- Coordinates with the facility management company's facility director to assure facilitiesmaintenance, improvements, repair, housekeeping, and landscaping comply with expectations.
- Offers suggestions, based on professional standards, for assuring the currency, function and serviceability of life safety equipment.
- Inspects assigned campuses to identify repair and improvements needed; meets regularly with the facility management company's facility director to schedule, manage, and provide assurance on all required repairs and improvements.
- Manages vendors and consultants to ensure that schedule, scope, response and cost are consistent with university expectations.
- In coordination with key vendors, develops and maintains an on-going building maintenance and capital project schedule; identifies and sets priorities of areas requiring attention, and prepare preliminary plans and cost estimates.
- Advises the administration on all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of the physical resources of the university.
- Advises the university administration on the funding needs to adequately maintain the physical facilities of the institution and maintenance projects on the campuses.
Essential Job Requirements:
- A graduate engineer or Registered Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or significant/equivalent experience in related field required .
- Five years significant managerial/supervisory experience required.
- Facility management experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and life safety systems is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment that includes multiple vendors is required.
- Customer-Service focused.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking and orientation with the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage changing needs, multiple projects, and fluid priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare thorough reports which are accurate, professional and concise.
- Appreciation for organizational structure and the impact of structure on facility management decisions.
- Ability to negotiate and manage vendor contracts.
- Ability to influence vendor staffing, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Demonstrated expertise in budgeting and expense management.
- The ability to move about campus and between locations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed with some weekends and evenings required.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- customer service
- human resources
- ms project