- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null US
Improving the health of our community in all we do
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system on a mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. Our team cares for more than 1 million people across the region through four hospitals and a variety of outpatient locations. Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) has campuses in Gainesville, Braselton, Winder and Dahlonega - with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. NGHS also encompasses Northeast Georgia Physicians Group, a multi-specialty group with more than 65 locations, and The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, a cardiology practice with more than 15 locations.
The Director of GME Scholarly Activity for the Office of GME is responsible for promoting and overseeing all resident and faculty scholarly activity in Graduate Medical Education. The Director is responsible for overseeing all qualitative and quantitative research projects undertaken by residents or GME faculty. The Director will lead research design, strategic approach and proposal development, working closely with both internal as well as external community, regional, and national funding sources. This role challenges other physicians within the system to identify creative and unique research strategies and leverage the latest technologies and platforms.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Medical Degree (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) preferred.
3 years with applicable work experience in the field of clinical research or medical education. Previous experience research design, proposal development, grant writing, and setting program policies and objectives.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Ensures residency programs (resident and faculty) meet required publication standards.
2. Facilitates data collection by identifying key personnel within NGMC and other organizations able to provide research assistance and collaboration.
3. Develops and maintains an organized system to track and report on research project progress.
4. Provides regular reports regarding research progress to program directors, VP for Medical Education, and the GME committee.
5. Inventories and catalogs all current residency research projects.
6. Assists residents and faculty with project ideas in topic and question formulation.
7. Assists residents and faculty in literature review in conjunction with Medical Library staff.
8. Assists residents and faculty in protocol writing and form preparation for Institutional Review Board approval.
9. Coordinates assignments for residents, students, faculty, volunteers and other participants in the research process in a manner that encourages efficiency and productivity.
10. Practices the principles underlying the ethical conduct of research.
11. Develops and coordinates introductory research core curriculum for all residents including basics of developing a research question, conducting a literature review, designing a research project, submitting an IRB application, conducting a project, analyzing research data, and submitting for presentation and publication.
Since first opening its doors in Gainesville in 1951, Northeast Georgia Medical Center has added hospital campuses in Braselton, Barrow and Dahlonega - and become Georgia's most awarded hospital. Some recognitions include being named to these lists:
America's 50 Best Hospitals - Healthgrades
100 Top Hospitals - Truven Health Analytics
100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs - Beckers Hospital Review
America's Top Quality Providers - Carechex
Atlanta's Top 150 Workplaces - Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Healthcare's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems - Hospitals & Health Networks magazine
NGMC has also been recognized in recent years as Georgia's #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women's care and more.
About the company