- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Antonio
SHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center.
From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients.
It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most.
With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No.
1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards.
We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
For more information, please visit our website at and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Why join the Methodist Hospital team?
- Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A.
- Most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
- Ranked No.
1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards from 2.
- Texas Award for Performance Excellence.
- Member of the Sarah Cannon Network of Excellence, committed to advancing science and transforming cancer care.
- First and only hospital in San Antonio with an International Services program.
- Houses San Antonio's largest hyperbaric chamber.
- Interesting fact: World's first "nuclear disaster proof" hospital.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- 401K Matching
- Leadership Incentive Bonus
- Reports to the Senior Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functioning of assigned clinical patient care/procedural unit(s).
- Responsible 24 hours a day, with full accountability, for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Liaison between physicians and the patient care team and works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- Models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Note: Current MHS employees who completed a Nursing Diploma or Associates in Nursing degree program who are currently in a Nurse Director position have until 1/1/2014 to meet BSN education requirements.
- Three years recent RN acute care experience.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service l ine, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Master's Degree in Nursing or related field; 1-year management experience as a charge RN, clinical care manager/supervisor, or manager.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Must have current RN license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
Must have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
- safety and security