- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK US
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
As a Director of Product Security you will utilize strong management and technical competencies to develop product security objectives and strategies for the Product Operations engineering organization. This is a senior leadership role responsible for driving and helping refine thought-leadership, internal operational alignment, and directional requirements. In doing so, this role will interface with key influencers and decision-makers across NetApp Product Operations, IT, Marketing, and Field Services and Sales teams. The position requires a strong understanding of the security requirements and solutions for private, hybrid, and public cloud environments.
• Drive NetApp’s progress to make security a core feature of all our products and one that is widely recognized as a strength by our enterprise and service provider customers
• Work broadly with teams in product management and engineering to define a prioritized executable roadmap of robust security products, features, and alliances across NetApp’s product portfolio
• Actively participate in public forums and lead conversations with customers, partners, and analysts on the topic of NetApp’s security capabilities, ecosystem, and operations with a specific focus on securing data in public and private clouds
• Lead the strategy for defining the security ecosystem partners we should engage with for all phases of the product development lifecycle
• Collaborate with related marketing teams across the company to advance our brand and value-proposition related to security
• Lead security incident response operations across NetApp’s product portfolio
Position is located at our RTP, NC site - local candidates encouraged to apply.
• Work collaboratively to establish strategic plans and objectives.
• Design, develop and implement policies that ensure effective achievement of our security objectives.
• Participate in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs.
• Develop budgets for approval and assure adherence once budget is approved.
• Apply technical, project management, and people management experience to effectively manage your direct team and impact teams globally.
• A deep understanding of data management-related security and a proven ability to define and influence multiple product teams and functions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential both with internal and external customers.
• An in-depth understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
• Prior experience with developing budgets and controlling costs.
• A demonstrated ability to manage professional level employees and complex projects.
o This individual must demonstrate strong leadership skills by establishing clear goals, objectives and priorities that communicate the organization’s vision.
o Will work with senior management and vice president level employees addressing issues across companies and functions.
o The position reports to a Senior Director or Vice President.
• A minimum of 7 to10 years of experience as a people manager is required.
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do.We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork,