- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
The Director, Payer-Institutional-Clinical Solutions is responsible for the end to end support of the DS&E Payer, Institutional, and Clinical Solution portfolio. Solutions will exist in over 100 markets and will require production support with varying compliance requirements by country and language delivering service to Pfizer partner organizations globally. The person in this role will manage a large and diverse multi-vendor and multi-national on/off-shore support team with dozens of contractors across multiple vendors in 6 countries with contract values of several million dollars. The Director, Payer-Institutional-Clinical Solutions must be a team player with the ability to collaborate with all members of the DS&E, Digital Platforms and GDO, including engineering and product owners, and must actively manage the vendor agreements to ensure Pfizer is getting the quality and responsiveness required to ensure high quality outcomes for our customers.
The Director, Payer-Institutional-Clinical Solutions must ensure that Pfizer’s Payer-Institutional-Clinical Solutions are always on, reliable, scalable and of the highest quality possible while maintaining efficiency and long term sustainability. Key to the success of this role is the ability to influence a culture of quality and continuous improvement throughout the digital center of excellence team from early project planning through to delivery and sustainable operations. A successful candidate will have both technical, leadership and interpersonal skills required to create a sustainable environment of collaboration across multiple teams at Pfizer.
The Director, Payer-Institutional-Clinical Solutions must be able to manage critical situations when they do arise through thoughtful planning of vendor management, and communications approach. The operations lead must also ensure that all outages and production issues reported have a full root cause analysis completed and drive towards constant improvement. Success in this role will be measured not just by uptime and outage reports, but the culture of quality that is created throughout the Patient Solutions team. Finally, the role will require excellent financial management capability with responsibility for a multi-million-dollar budget and multiple managed service contracts.
The Global Digital Operations organization works within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment with a DevOps culture of Continuous Improvement. It will be critical for the individual in this role to align to both the framework and the culture of the organization and seek to continuously optimize and automate processes within the “Shift-Left” model established by our team.
A key success metric will be the overall reduction of tickets within each of the service categories as aligned to ratios of assets, e.g. Number of Tickets per Site. Additional success criteria will be both tracking and reporting of personal and team ideas on how to increase efficiencies anywhere within the organization. A demonstrable track record of continuous improvement is key.
Alignment with CoE, Solution Delivery, L1 and L3/L4 Leads
- Works closely with platform engineering and development teams to ensure continuous knowledge transfer and alignment with solution requirements and capabilities.Partners with DevOps lead to establish clear feedback loop processes and metrics between operations responsibilities and develop team expectations, including providing feedback of improvements / changes needed to support efficient operations processes.
- Direct management responsibilities for vendor relations associated with contracted resources and licensed services.Based on division of responsibilities within the organization, will be responsible for managing vendor Quarterly Business Reports (QBR) meetings and will align to standardize on metrics across the organization.Will continually strive for optimal performance of vendor resources both in delivery of contracted services and cost-efficient operations.
- Will contribute to either direct or consolidated managed service agreements for the roles specific areas of responsibility.Will ensure that monthly invoicing is closely tracked to ensure alignment with services delivered.Will continually seek to optimize processes and tools improve financial efficiency.
- Oversee all activities managed by L2 Services in support of Organized Customer Solutions to ensure performance, availability, and security is always maintained.
L3/L4 Support Services
- Ability to support hundreds of digital assets for Pfizer patients globally in a consistent manner with consistent quality of service while fully engaging with L1/L2 support teams.Establish service tiers as appropriate and ensure the elimination of unneeded infrastructure and process.
- Ensure that any and all reported bugs within the areas of responsibility are resolved in a timely manner and with attention on prevention of recurrence.
Life Long Learning
- Embraces continuing education and self-improvement to maintain pace with technologies’ ever increasing rate of change.
- Additional projects and efforts as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility designing, delivering, and maintaining large-scale, global systems & platforms.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead. Experience managing teams of contract or colleague resources.
- Experience operating in a large multi skilled operations team.
- Experience with large scale deployments of Drupal or Open Source CMS websites. Experience with hybrid and native apps and shared component libraries. Experience with Marketing Automation platforms such as Marketo and other complex digital technology platforms requiring a broad mix of skilled and commodity resources to manage them.
- As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner & able to influence resources outside of immediate span of control.
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
- Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Proven capability handling large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in a global 24/7 environment.
- Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: June 27, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
About the company
Pfizer, is an American multinational pharmaceutical corporation headquartered in New York City, New York, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It is among the world's largest pharmaceutical companies by revenues.
Pfizer develops and produces medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical disciplines, including immunology, oncology, cardiology, diabetology/endocrinology, and neurology. Pfizer's products include the blockbuster drug Lipitor (atorvastatin), used to lower LDL blood cholesterol; Lyrica (pregabalin for neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia); Diflucan (fluconazole), an oral antifungal medication; Zithromax (azithromycin), an antibiotic; Viagra (sildenafil, for erectile dysfunction); and Celebrex/Celebra (celecoxib), an anti-inflammatory drug.