- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
You will function as a transactional attorney to provide proactive & strategic legal support for various functions within the Oncology business, including Business Development & Licensing and Alliance Management, and to Brand teams related to the Oncology business’s promotional, commercial, medical, and other activities.
This attorney is someone who can be successful within our ethical, adaptive, and collaborative culture
This position is located in East Hanover, NJ.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Legal Counsel/Leadership – Act as counsel for on broad range of legal matters for business development and licensing, alliance management, commercial functions, clinical development, and other functions. Proactively manage legal issues via coordination with other stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Transactional Support – Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts including licensing, co-development, co-promotion, acquisition, divestment, investment, clinical trial, service, consulting, non-disclosure, data purchase, and other agreements.
• Regulatory/Promotional Materials Review – Counsel on drug advertising and promotion rules, off-label promotion risks, product liability risks, and other legal issues related to product development and commercialization. Partner with commercial, regulatory, and medical colleagues to ensure timely review of all promotional materials.
• Risk Management/Compliance - Partner with Ethics and Compliance to proactively identify and manage potential compliance risk. Ensure compliance with all government regulations and mandates.
• Innovation – Drive innovation and actively contribute to new strategies supporting business goals. Make appropriate judgment calls during times of ambiguity and can lead team through new legal territory. Pursue calculated risk-taking in an unpredictable environment with appropriate contingency planning and continually challenge status quo
• Functional Leadership – Actively contribute to the Legal Function though participating in initiatives to build departmental knowledge and capabilities.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Juris Doctor or an equivalent legal degree is required.
5+ years of related experience in a legal counseling role in the pharma/biotech industry and/or a major law firm.
You will also have:
• Significant experience in drafting, negotiating, counselling on commercial and strategic transactions.
• A deep understanding of the pharmaceutical business and related legal issues
• Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience managing and influencing across a cross-functional matrix organization.
• Strong business acumen.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Ability to work effectively independently.
Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU
Site East Hanover, NJ
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.