- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The American Express vision for providing the world’s best customer experience every single day can only be achieved with groundbreaking products and experiences powered by unparalleled levels of innovation, teamwork and platform velocity, attributes present as the core of Arena, our enterprise continuous testing framework.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic leader for the Director Product Management role who will be part of a newly formed product team whose mission is to enable continuous integration across our global platforms, driving unprecedented transformation and velocity for delivering extraordinary products to our customers.
Arena’s product team core attributes:
- Product Evangelism: change catalysts who build tangible excitement around the transformation to continuous integration at scale and its associated benefits to developer and customer experience;
- Product Management: builders of an innovative product vision, backlog and their tangible business outcomes aligned to our company’s vision;
- Engineering Excellence: dedicated engineering & product management teams collaborating to accelerate Arena adoption while solving primary challenges impeding efficiency;
- Best in class continuous testing technology: experimentation and adoption of breakthrough technology for enabling integration of test environments, test data management and models, high availability support model / utilities & E2E testing processes.
- You will be a key decision maker responsible for Core Product Vision, Strategy, Roadmap, Backlog Prioritization, Platform Investment and capacity management.
- Communicate and build consensus across partners for roadmap development and its target benefits.
- You will collaborate with Arena Continuous Integration Council for removing the largest and most complex obstacles.
- Use external and internal insight, industry and domain expertise, trend lines, good-practice and innovation to accelerate program efficacy and generate differentiated impact.
- Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
- Make rapid feature, schedule and cost trade off decisions and communicates in real time to key team members and partners.
- You will lead product managers and associate product managers to translate product roadmap into a product backlog of well-defined epics and features with the appropriate acceptance criteria.
- Work across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases.
- You will also work with system/platform architects to understand and prioritize architectural features across platforms / products.
- You have 8+ years of experience in Software Development and Product Management/Product Development with consistent track record in delivering exciting product roadmaps.
- Demonstrated thought leadership, strategic, analytical and people leadership skills.
- You have the courage to challenge the status quo and encourages different points of views.
- Customer Focused – Does what is right for the customer.
- Demonstrated experience for exerting influence with peers and executive levels.
- You are experienced in leading complex global products with multiple competing partner’s needs, translated into a cohesive product roadmap.
- Bring focused approach to product management from envisioning through to execution and metrics.
- Expertise and experience in End to End testing processes.
- You communicate clearly and collaborate well with technology and non-technical partners.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in information technology or related discipline.
- MBA or equivalent recommended, with a BA/BS preferably in CS or equivalent field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 16, 2019, 1:59:08 PM