- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
An estimated 15 million patients in the US suffer from moderate to severe asthma. Even with the wide-spread availability of usual care inhaled medicines and the recent advent of more advanced biologic therapies, as many as 3 million patients remain symptomatic and sub-optimally controlled representing a significant unmet medical need.
At Novartis we are reimagining medicine to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
As the Director, Respiratory Marketing, this individual will be responsible for the strategic planning and implementation for Novartis’s newest and exciting first in class asthma launch asset. They will closely partner with the cross-functional US launch readiness team, global brand and cross-functional program team to deliver launch preparedness, excellence and best in industry launch success.
• Shape the pre-launch priorities and activities, drive and measure launch performance, and effectively drive customer engagement across multiple stakeholders that are core to launch success
• Lead the development and implementation of the asthma launch commercial strategy with an initial focus on professional promotion
• Lead creation of indication plans, including strategy, product positioning, and tactical plans; Present strategic and tactical plans to senior management for approval
• Develop and lead professional relationships and create a Medical Expert Engagement Strategy across asthma business
• Acts as primary liaison with key medical experts to identify opportunities to collaborate on ad-vancements in patient care
• Lead all professional marketing activities related to the asthma launch including core marketing tools, congress management, ad boards, KOL management, and coordination among Global and Medical
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in business and/or biological science education with concentration in marketing are preferred (MBA a plus).
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in US launch & in-line pharmaceutical marketing
• Deep therapeutic area expertise in US respiratory marketing required
• Demonstrated experience establishing and engaging key customer groups and other im-portant stakeholders to gain deep insights to evolve brand strategy and communication
• Proven track record of success showing strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and de-cision-making capabilities
• Evidence of developing compelling brand strategy, business cases, forecasts and commer-cialization strategies
• Deep comprehension of commercial strategy, market access strategies including pricing and contracting, sales force execution and insight gathering methodologies needed to evolve launch strategy
• Desired Experience:
• Strong ability to coordinate with Global Functions
• Understanding of emerging technology to deliver the strategy
• HCP customer facing experience (i.e. Sales)
• Managed markets and operations experience
• Experience with complex patient service and hub based models
• Experience in multichannel and digital marketing
What you’ll receive:
Competitive salary, annual bonus, long term incentive for select levels, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, employee recognition scheme.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.