- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director (RN) of Clinical Informatics.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Director (RN) of Clinical Informatics to help us reach our goals.
Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options.
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan.
You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental.
You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Director (RN) of Clinical Informatics
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood
- Kingwood, Texas
What you will do in this role:
- Develop a framework and strategy for technology initiatives and evaluation that aligns with the enterprise framework for nursing informatics and division goals
- Provide feedback to facility and/or division nursing on roll-outs and initiatives
- Drive corporate strategy by providing data-driven feedback on needed new or upgraded technologies based on clinical requirements
- Provide leadership for technology related activities within the organization.
Delivery and operations:
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary leaders to establish short and long term goals and implementation plans for clinical information systems in partnership with the Division IT&S leadership team.
- Facilitate and lead technology implementations that support and enhance clinician workflow.
- Responsible for leadership in the development, deployment, re-engineering, and integration of clinical information systems to support clinicians with an emphasis on increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement new clinical systems or programs to enhance existing services and raise the standard of care for the patient population served
- Collaborate with IT&S leadership to ensure standardization and application of best practice models
- Represent clinician's interests in partnerships with clinical, operational, and IT leadership to translate clinical needs into information system needs
- Direct clinical workflow and dataflow analysis to support technology development and deployment
- Evaluates impact of changes to workflow and processes by identifying gaps and opportunities.\
- Provides communication to executive team, medical staff committees, facility leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Oversees education and training for system users and evaluates effectiveness
- Provides support for system go live, upgrades, and enhancements
- Leads facility bases initiatives
Provides support by:
- Advising senior leadership on health informatics and policymaking within the organization.
- Monitors system use through reports and dashboards, identifying gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address areas of concern.
- Participates in facility rounding and seeks feedback from providers and other clinical staff.
- Addresses and resolves user complaints.
- Researches and submits requests for enhancements.
- Participates in facility and division committees and meetings to share information and receive feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree in nursing, business, or healthcare required
- Three+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Seven+ years of experience in leadership with oversight of clinical informatics initiatives required
- Current RN license through the State of Texas required
- Certified Informatics Nurse preferred
- Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical informatics enterprise initiatives
- Knowledge in the use, development, and deployment of electronic health records and other information systems
- Knowledge of issues related to changing roles and skills in the current health care environment
- The ability to use database software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation.
- The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of spreadsheet software to analyze data including formatting summary tables, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
- The ability to plan and manage projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing project, or resource demands to meet project deadlines on time and within budget
H CA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years.
It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs.
Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians.
We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics.
Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care.
Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you.
We are actively reviewing applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our recruiters for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
- ms project