- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Director (RN) of Neuro IMU and Med Surg Telemetry.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues.
We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization.
We are currently looking for an ambitious Director (RN) of Neuro IMU and Med Surg Telemetry to help us reach our goals.
Unlock your potential here!
At HCA, you have options.
You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan.
You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental.
You can even select additional a la carte benefits to meet all your needs.
Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Director (RN) of Neuro IMU and Med Surg Telemetry HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood
- Kingwood, Texas
What you will do in this role:
- Cultivates a superior clinical identity by identifying and implementing evidence-based practices to advance patient safety and quality outcomes.
Ensures adherence to standards of care.
- Manages variation in clinical practice to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
Ensures a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- Stays abreast of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations and actively pursues efforts to achieve.
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory standards and ensures compliance.
Develops and implements policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with all legal/regulatory standards.
- Ensures equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Ensures efficient patient throughput and delivery of high quality, patient-centered care through volume forecasting, patient flow coordination, and admission/discharge planning.
- Develops care coordination policies and procedures to promote improved quality, safety, and efficiency in care.
Fosters interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within and across departments and ensures staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- Directs nursing practice and unit operations.
Develops policies, procedures, and nursing standards to ensure patient and family needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Provides leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience.
Instills accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- Leverages various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction.
Develops and implements strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- Provides leadership to execute a strategic roadmap designed to enhance patient experience and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and patient experience leaders to ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Fosters a culture that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
Ensures employees are recognized, valued, and supported.
Develops and implements strategies to elevate employee engagement.
- Identifies development opportunities or training needs of individual employees and teams.
Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance.
- Builds a competitively superior organization through attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent.
Ensures people with the right skills and motivations are in the right role, at the right time, to meet business needs.
- Collaborates with administrative team and physicians to enhance existing services or develop new service offerings.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion or development of new services and product lines to promote growth.
Identifies stakeholder engagement strategies, technology advances, and other opportunities to drive differentiation and increase volume.
- Participates in the annual budget process, including input into department revenue and expense forecasts, staffing, and supply and equipment needs.
Monitors department budget performance; identifies trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget.
Develops and implements actions to address performance gaps.
- Ensures effective labor management, including position control, scheduling excellence, productivity management, and premium pay utilization.
Maintains staffing to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Manages operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment.
Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Required
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare or Business Administration required
- 5+ years experience in acute care medical surgical nursing
- 3+ years experience in an acute care nursing leadership role preferred
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years.
It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs.
Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division.
The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians.
We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics.
Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care.
Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you.
We are actively reviewing applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our recruiters for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail.
If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
- customer service
- safety and security