- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CENTURY CITY, LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES
Director, RoomsExperiencing warm and engaging service in luxurious surroundings is what we areknown forat Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. As Director, Rooms, the strategic support and leadership you provide to your teams will ensure exceptional service standards, maximized operating results and memorable guest experiences.
Hotel Overview:At the core ofCentury Plaza’s collection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisureopportunities stands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 hasbeen hailed for visionaries design and service. Century Plaza’s unparalleledteam of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into theheartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at CenturyPlaza surpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing1.2 million square feet of elite retail at the newly completed WestfieldCentury City just next door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture byJaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day to day operations of Front Office, Guest Services and Housekeeping ensuring all service standards are followed
- Prepare annual budgets and administer in a fiscally responsible manner
- Lead and support all areas in the achievement of their financial and operational targets
- Control all purchases for the department, consistently aware of quality and cost
- Assist in the preparation of the annual strategic plan and achieve the goals and targets therein
- Ensure effective and proactive yield management, increasing RevPAR index within the competitive set
- Oversee group business, reviewing and ensuring details of group resumes are met
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Fairmont CenturyPlaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!