- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null US
When you're the best, we're the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will assist with the hiring, developing, and nurturing great application development teams. You will inspire and assist assigned teams in building high-value products for Vizient and its members. In addition to team development, you will also collaborate with Business Relationship Managers(BRM), UX, Product Strategy Management(PSM), Enterprise Architect,(EA) Quality Analyst(QA)/ Support, Operations, and Development Operations to make sure products assigned to you are built and operated to expected quality standards.
- Keep abreast of external technology trends, internal technology road maps and proactively steer staff development towards right skill-mixes.
- Work closely with Business Relationship Managers and other stakeholders to foresee staff capacity needs and work with functional head and others to plan for expansion as necessary.
- Work with peers across the organization to foster consistency and alignment.
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring and ongoing performance management responsibilities for assigned software developers.
- Mentor and coach teams and leadership on emerging Agile, Lean and Engineering practices and demonstrated ability to build and apply effective Agile delivery structures with multiple Agile teams.
- Create and administer an individualized development plan for direct reports.
- Each person in this role is assigned a rotating set of products, applications, technical platforms and they are responsible for the following with respect to those assignments - - Share responsibility for technical quality, architecture, operational readiness, technical debt for an assigned set of products and applications. You will work closely with Business Relationship Management (BRM), Scrum Master, Team, and Principals to achieve this goal.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects and Team to guide and monitor application architecture design for compliance and sound engineering practices.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Quality Assurance (QA), and support team to ensure optimum development and operations.
- Act as a change agent, working with multiple stakeholders, to improve current technical and operational processes, as well as provide thought leadership and bring new ideas to the table.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Provide input and influences new vendor agreements, technology acquisition, etc.
Support Delivery of Products and Features:
- Support one or more BRMs in high-level technical solutioning, estimating, envisioning new and early initiatives in the pipeline. Completes the early groundwork to prepare for the Scrum teams to take over.
- Though BRM has primary responsibility for delivery, this role provides much of the staffing and plays a critical support role.They do this by acting as an escalation point for delivery issues - highlighting and solving any staffing related issues, technical issues, etc.
- Assist the BRM to help coordinate complex projects/programs spread over multiple Scrum teams.
- Act as an escalation point for production high severity issues as needed.
- Drive alignment between stakeholder groups and coordinate any cross-functional dependencies
- Relevant degree preferred in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 10 or more years' relevant experience is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
About the company