- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
Director, Standards & Practices
Legal & Business Affairs
Reporting to the SVP Content, the Director Universal Kids Standards & Practices is responsible for day-to-day decisions related to programming and production standards across the network. This role will ensure that our original programming, acquired series and on-air content comply with FCC, FTC, industry guidelines and NBCUniversal best practices.
The Director will work closely with the UKIDS Content team as well as internal and external production and distribution partners to provide clear and timely responses and creative solutions. They will be responsible for related administration, including database maintenance and record keeping on current projects. Performs other related duties as assigned.
In conjunction with Legal and Content teams, review all Universal Kids content, produced and acquired, for compliance with Universal Kids S&P guidelines, brand identity, and FCC/CARU policies and standards.
Maintain a solid understanding of regulations, internal Standards & Practices, community standards and other relevant Legal and S&P issues as it pertains to children’s television programming and commercial content.
Maintain a robust familiarity with all Universal Kids programming content (current and future) including characters, talent, and programming elements
Attend regular content, program strategy, network operations, digital and marketing meetings
Monitor and research S&P and general programming strategies of major competitors in the cable and broadcast market.
Interact with production staff, traffic and ad sales teams on an ongoing basis to maintain consistent S&P implementation across departments and platforms.
Work with Content Development & Production Executives to issue script and visual cut notes to producers.
Review of marketing proposals, pitches and executions for digital and multi-platform initiatives
Maintain ongoing communication and training with Universal Kids staff on S&P, policies and procedures.
Work closely with production teams to secure all third-party clearances required.
Perform compliance assessment of all acquired content for the network.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in TV Standards and Practices or related department. Experience in children’s programming is preferred.
• Must have a demonstrated knowledge of FCC television guidelines, particularly for children’s programming and advertising.
• Strong writing, research, analytical and diplomatic skills.
• Must be reliable, a creative self-starter, and able to prioritize, perform and lead in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have strong attention to details and deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (job #44457BR)
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Strong interest in the children’s media and knowledge of TV industry and trends.
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Prior experience in working with contracts and understanding of contractual language.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with streaming video environment.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality, and passion for results.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint/Keynote.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.