- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Director, Structured Finance Ratings, North America, Residential Mortgage-Backed SecuritiesJobDescription :
The Role: Director, Structured Finance Ratings, North America, Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities
The Location: New York, NY
The Team / The Business: You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance Ratings, North America and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists. The team assigns credit ratings and publishes research commentaries for the use of Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) investors.
The Impact: The Director typically maintains analytical responsibility for a set of RMBS transactions. These responsibilities include credit analysis, cash flow modeling, and transaction document analysis in support of new issue ratings, ongoing surveillance, and the presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. Our Directors often act as spokespersons and are considered senior analytical leaders. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on complex securitizations with high profile issuers as well as play a key role in investor outreach.
What's in it for you: This is a great opportunity to build a career in finance markets with one of the leading providers of financial market intelligence. We are looking for an individual with a dynamic and proactive personality who has an analytical mindset and is always thinking outside the box. In return, you will further enhance your skill sets and sharpen your profile as part of a globally leading organization in fundamental credit research.
Responsibilities: As a Director, you will be responsible for developing leading analytical research and ratings, meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, resolving client needs, and taking a lead role in external meetings and communications related to rated debt issuers. Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Manage RMBS transactions, ensuring a consistently high level of analytic quality;
- Conduct detailed reviews of legal and operating documents to ensure compliance with criteria;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of ratings criteria and cash flow analysis;
- Review, critique, and provide analytic feedback on analysis and publishing performed by junior analysts;
- Oversee the relationship with issuers in the portfolio, intermediaries and investors. Effectively communicate S&P's methodologies and procedures;
- Create and leverage effective internal partnerships, especially with other senior analysts in Global Structured Finance;
- Develop and communicate S&P Global Ratings thought leadership and credit themes via publications, speeches, conference presentations, and media interviews;
- Provide analytical training and coaching; and
- Participate and lead special projects to execute the Structured Finance business strategy.
- Experience either issuing, buying, or researching/rating newly issued RMBS (post 2012) is highly preferred
- Advanced Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, a related field or CFA preferred;
- 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a strong understanding of the RMBS sector;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required;
- Strong proficiency with Excel, financial models and financial data;
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner;
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure;
- Ability to demonstrate analytical independence and objectivity;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team; and
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.