- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Director of Vendor Management, Cloud Engineering
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours.
The Director of Vendor Management will be responsible for vendor management activities across Adobe’s Cloud Engineering business within its Experience Cloud Business Unit. This leader will manage a small team of vendor manager and procurement professionals and will define and drive vendor management strategy as well as purchasing operations, partnership and deal activity across the Experience Cloud Business Unit. This leader will work in close partnership with the Global Procurement leadership team and the C-level Executive. This leader’s efforts will bring valuable partnerships to Adobe and Adobe’s customers as well as manage those vendors throughout the lifecycle of their collaboration with Adobe. Building and maintaining partnerships and relationships with senior leaders across the company is critical to ensure alignment between vendor projects and business objectives.
The Director will report to the Director, Strategy & Business Operations in the Cloud Engineering team and manage these responsibilities along with a team of senior sourcing and procurement professionals. In addition, this leader will be responsible for overall purchasing strategy and for increasing spend under management, identifying and evolving best practices and transforming the organization to improve Vendor and Purchasing Services. S/he will own all policies related to vendor management and purchasing.
Areas of responsibility include managing areas of historical spend, while also identifying the key new projects and programs where purchasing should invest strategic, tactical and operational resources. This includes spend management, demand management, and driving supply analysis/strategy, supplier identification, managing sourcing projects (RFPs), contract negotiation, purchase execution and ongoing supplier performance management.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thought leader in the digital space with a track record of success in driving impactful change (within a matrixed model), inspiring winning teams and transforming digital organizations. S/he will be hard-wired to take responsibility and think like a business owner and also serve as a trusted advisor to both the business and our executive leadership.
What you’ll do
- Develop innovative strategies and partnerships that deliver customer value and enhance contracts, improve competitor analysis and cost savings initiatives.
- Enhance and extend a thriving ecosystem of vendors, large and small.
- Negotiate a range of technology agreements from small software purchases to large multi-million dollar agreements with complex T's and C's.
- Work closely with Global Procurement to plan and implement sourcing strategies and supplier management programs aligned with business objectives.
- Manage contracts for Cloud Engineering to ensure that commercial obligations are met and the process for renewal or replacement of existing agreement is proactively managed and scalable to accommodate for Adobe's growth
- Develop technology category expertise, including; Software, Hardware, Data Centers, Bandwidth, Services, and Public Cloud
- Provide a white glove experience for Cloud Engineering teams, including serving as a liaison with procurement, finance, AP, and accounting
- Maintain and continue leading development for purchasing and contract tools
- Manage the quarterly budgeting cycle for Capital and Operating budgets for Cloud Engineering, this includes planning, managing approvals, tracking purchases, and reporting
- Generate and maintain regular reports that are shared with senior leadership
- Ensure purchases across Cloud Engineering adhere to Adobe accounting standards and best practices
- Track monthly costs and usage to ensure alignment with existing agreements throughout the contract lifecycle
- Hold regular strategic business reviews with key suppliers to improve relationships and services provided
- Leadership of cross-functional teaming across other business functions and initiatives
- Creation and improvement of best-practice based processes (e.g., leadership of high-value/strategic sourcing efforts)
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
- Internalize a “voice of the internal customer” mentality and communicate vendor management and purchasing value to it
What you need to succeed
- Proven track record with 10+ years of experience in vendor management and/or procurement, with experience operating in a digital/consumer internet or SAAS environment.
- Proven track record of goal-driven value expansion.
- A leader who can run with strategic projects, represent yourself and the Cloud Engineering business to Adobe leadership as well as external constituencies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- People skills to work across an organization with world class leaders, developers and product teams.
- Analytical business skills to determine value in new business opportunities and present solutions to complex problems.
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc.
- Industry knowledge in terms of broad industry dynamics on the buy-side (and the sell-side), but also the internal knowledge and “language of the business”
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to “sell” vendor management and purchasing value and to run the team as a services business like any other well-run professional services business
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate risk
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
About the company
Adobe Inc. is an American multinational computer software company headquartered in San Jose, California. It has historically focused upon the creation of multimedia and creativity software products, with a more recent foray towards digital marketing software. Adobe is best known for its Adobe Flash web software ecosystem, Photoshop image editing software, Acrobat Reader, the Portable Document Format (PDF), and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as its successor Adobe Creative Cloud.