- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $3,868.00 gross per month
This is aterm limitedposition. The selected candidate will perform duties with the Colorado Department of Revenue from thedate of hire for approximately 12 MONTHS. Upon acceptance of an appointment to one of these positions, candidates will be required to sign a waiver of their rights under the classified personnel system.
To empower businesses and individuals through quality customer service, innovation and collaboration.
To become a trusted partner to every Coloradan to help them navigate the complexities of government so they can thrive.
Welcome to the Colorado Department of Revenue. Learn more about us here:Colorado Department of Revenue.
The Department of Revenue offers 10 paid holidays per year, paid vacation and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub program (discounted merchandise, food and travel, etc), CafeWell, employee wellness program and a greatbenefit package.
Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides services used by nearly every citizen of the State. Colorado citizens utilize identification, driver, and vehicle services at State and County offices to obtain identification cards, driver licenses, vehicle registrations, titles, and other related services. Additionally, the DMV licenses and provides oversight of private businesses and government organizations that provide driver and emission testing services. Finally, the division works closely with other state agencies and programs to provide information and education to serve the public and encourage voluntary compliance.
Description of Job
Position effectively and efficiently provide technical assistance and support for inquiries and issues related to Driver License Registration Inventory Vehicle Enterprise System (DRIVES). This includes providing support over the phone, via email, and self-service. Position responds to customer inquiries within established time frames.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Ensure customer ("customers" are trained state & county employees who are certified DRIVES system users) satisfaction in every step of problem resolution. The nature of inquiries, by definition, is either elevated processing decisions or issues with system automation and/or processes
- Interact with the customer over the phone while troubleshooting the issue or call the customer back once a solution is available.
- Guide customers through previously defined or learned troubleshooting steps, asking questions and following protocols based on established references. Provide approved alternate resolution if available
- Create or update a service desk ticket for every contact with a customer. Gather information regarding the issue and provide a comprehensive description of the problem
- Conduct thorough research to determine if an SQR exists prior to creation of a new SQR
- Create an SQR for DRIVES issues that cannot be resolved through training. Use a test environment to verify or duplicate the issue prior to creation of the SQR
- Ensure the customer issue is communicated effectively with the Production Support Team through the SQR
- Ensure notifications are sent to customers through the service desk regarding the issue in a timely
Position must have excellent communication skills to support program business processes, possess technical versatility and creativity to deliver and contribute ideas and solutions.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Associate's degree in general business, information systems or other related fields;
One (1) year of professional experience in business administration, information systems, technical customer service / technical call center or other related field.
Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in Title& Registration using CSTARS or DRIVES
- Additional years experience working on a technical customer service team.
- 2 or more years help desk experience
- 2 or more years experience working in public service at the federal, state, county, or local level
Experience and how it relates to the minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and any necessary special requirements must be clearly documented in your application. Your submitted application materials will reviewed to determine the top group of applicants moving forward in the selection process. Resume and cover letter are required to be submitted along with your online-application.
- "See resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- Part-time experience will be prorated
CDOR Special Requirements
- All employees must be current with their income tax filings and payments with the State of Colorado. This includes successfully passing a pre-employment evaluation of your tax records/accounts.
- Employees are in a position of public trust in the performance of their job duties and must operate in a manner that maintains the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and public confidence. All job finalists require successful completion of a background investigation and reference check prior to appointment. Background checks may include national criminal, financial, traffic, civil, education, and/or experience checks or any other checks related to the job assignment. Fingerprint background checks and pre-employment drug testing may also be required for some positions.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available atwww.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at:www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax:303-866-5038. Phone:303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. However, if NOT applying online, applications from Department of Revenue employees may be faxed to 303-866-3718.
APPLICATION, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
E-mail Address:All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted via Complete Online Application -detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a properly completed application.
A "Complete Application" must include:
- Complete Online Application-detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted.
- Cover Letter of Interest-detailing how your experience and/or education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job
- Resume-detailing summary of work history
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire-found at the end of the online application
- College Transcripts(when requested, or when using education to meet minimum qualifications)- acopy of your official or unofficial transcripts showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES)accreditation.
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement may result in your application being rejected.
The online application will be used to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualification requirements.It is imperative that you read the Minimum Qualifications and make certain that job duties and education (if applicable) in your online application "draw correlations" to the Minimum Qualifications. Human Resources Analysts will not infer you meet the Minimum Qualifications if experience isn't detailed in the application.
*Years of experience will be expressed in terms of full-time equivalent service with full-time workload equal to one (1) Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) year. No more than 1.00 FTE year may be credited in any twelve (12) month period. Positions working 40 hours or less per week will be pro-rated (30 hrs/wk=0.75 FTE=9 mos credit; 20 hrs/wk=0.5 FTE=6 mos credit; 10 hrs/wk=0.25 FTE=3 mos credit.)*
The state personnel system as defined by the Colorado Constitution requires that all jobs within the classified system be filled through comparative analysis. The number and types of comparative analysis will depend on the position being filled as we
- call center
- customer service
- human resources