- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $4,159.00 gross per month
To empower businesses and individuals through quality customer service, innovation and collaboration.
To become a trusted partner to every Coloradan to help them navigate the complexities of government so they can thrive.
Welcome to the Colorado Department of Revenue. Learn more about us here:Colorado Department of Revenue.
The Department of Revenue offers 10 paid holidays per year, paid vacation and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub program (discounted merchandise, food and travel, etc), CafeWell, employee wellness program and a greatbenefit package.
Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides services used by nearly every citizen of the State. Colorado citizens utilize identification, driver, and vehicle services at State and County offices to obtain identification cards, driver licenses, vehicle registrations, titles, and other related services. Additionally, the DMV licenses and provides oversight of private businesses and government organizations that provide driver and emission testing services. Finally, the division works closely with other state agencies and programs to provide information and education to serve the public and encourage voluntary compliance.
Description of Job
Position provides technical assistance and support for Title & Registration (and all DMV/DRIVES functions) inquiries and issues related to DRIVES.
End User Support - provides technical assistance and support for inquiries and issues related to DRIVES. This includes answering phone calls and managing an email inbox to provide end user assistance. Position responds to urgent Customer Inquiries within established timeframes. Position notifies management if a high volume of inquiries are being received to ensure back-up assistance is provided to maintain a high level of support. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Ensures customer ("customers" are trained state & county employees who are certified DRIVES system users. The nature of inquiries, by definition, are either elevated processing decisions or issues with system automation and/or processes) satisfaction in every step of problem resolution.
- Provides troubleshooting solutions in the form of alternate acceptable/defined steps that diagnose and fix malfunctions. Suggest alternate resolution steps and/or alternate training information and routines. This troubleshooting follows several/possibly many alternatives that are based on established references
- Gathers information regarding the issue and provide a comprehensive description of the problem
- Interacts with the end user over the phone while troubleshooting the issue
Position works closely with internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain and effective working relationships.
Position is the main contact for customer escalations requiring immediate attention. Customer escalations are the work units' highest priority and must be acted on immediately. Position follows processes in place to ensure action is taken appropriately and timely.
Help Ticket Management - Utilize the Help Desk ticket system to coordinate all correction and changes from stakeholders.
- Creates Help Desk tickets (change or correction requests)
- Ensure issuesare correctly recorded and documented
- Ensure the issue is clearly defined or facilitate requirements gathering session if necessary
- Monitor Help Desk tickets to ensure implementation by the preferred by date or follow processes if the preferred by date will not be met
- Complete first level testing & assign for second level testing and business testing if required
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Associate's degree in general business, information systems or other related fields;
Two (2) years of professional experience in business administration, information systems, technical customer service or other related field.
Additional professional experience in business administration, information systems, technical customer service will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in Title& Registration using CSTARS or DRIVES
- Additional years experience working on a technical customer service team.
- 2 or more years help desk experience
- 2 or more years experience working in public service at the federal, state, county, or local level
Experience and how it relates to the minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and any necessary special requirements must be clearly documented in your application. Your submitted application materials will reviewed to determine the top group of applicants moving forward in the selection process. Resume and cover letter are required to be submitted along with your online-application.
- "See resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- Part-time experience will be prorated
CDOR Special Requirements
- All employees must be current with their income tax filings and payments with the State of Colorado. This includes successfully passing a pre-employment evaluation of your tax records/accounts.
- Employees are in a position of public trust in the performance of their job duties and must operate in a manner that maintains the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and public confidence. All job finalists require successful completion of a background investigation and reference check prior to appointment. Background checks may include national criminal, financial, traffic, civil, education, and/or experience checks or any other checks related to the job assignment. Fingerprint background checks and pre-employment drug testing may also be required for some positions.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available atwww.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at:www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax:303-866-5038. Phone:303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. However, if NOT applying online, applications from Department of Revenue employees may be faxed to 303-866-3718.
APPLICATION, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
E-mail Address:All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted via Complete Online Application -detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a properly completed application.
A "Complete Application" must include:
- Complete Online Applicationdetailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted.
- Cover Letter of Interestdetailing how your experience and/or education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job
- Resumedetailing summary of work history
- Completed Supplemental Questionnairefound at the end of the online application
- College Transcripts(when requested, or when using education to meet minimum qualifications) acopy of your official or unofficial transcripts showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES)accreditation.
Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement may result in your application being rejected.
The online application will be used to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualification requirements.It is imperative that you read the Minimum Qualifications and make certain that job duties and education (if applicable) in your online application "draw correlations" to the Minimum Qualifications. Human Resources Analysts will not infer you meet the Minimum Qualifications if experience isn't detailed in the application.
*Years of experience will be expressed in terms of full-time equivalent service with full-time workload equal to one (1) Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) year. No more than 1.00 FTE year may be credited in any twelve (12) month period. Positions working 40 hours or less per week will be pro-rated (30 hrs/wk=0.75 FTE=9 mos credit; 20 hrs/wk=0.5 FTE=6 mos credit; 10 hrs/wk=0.25 FTE=3 mos credi
- business administration
- customer service
- human resources