- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $14.01 - $22.24 gross per hour
Driver License Examiner - Ogden
Are you looking for a career rather than just a job? The Driver License Division is the first step on your new career path.You'll be able to provide assistance and make a difference for the diverse citizens in our communities.
The Driver License Division is looking to hire a Driver License Examiner for our Ogden office.
Principal DutiesAs a Driver License Examiner, you will:
- collect and review client information, as well as, properly read a record to determine eligibility
- administer written and driving tests and properly document results
- communicate test findings, evaluates results and makes recommendations
- issue licenses, permits, registrations, certificates, etc.
- interpret State Code, Policy and Procedure and clearly explain them to applicants
- determine when suspended licenses are eligible and steps necessary to reinstate them
- analyze whether further medical information is needed prior to issuing licenses
- interact directly with the public in a sensitive and respectful manner
The Ideal CandidateThe ideal candidate(s) will possess:
- customer service skills, both in person and over the phone
- cash handling and register reconciliation
- data entry skills and work related experience
- work related experience handling of private and/or confidential information
- a valid Utah Driver License and a good driving record
- a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- may be given to current employees of the Department of Public Safety
The Driver License Division is an important piece of the overall mission of the Department of Public Safety. We're responsible for properly administering and evaluating all applications for licenses and IDs to determine their validity and eligibility for the requested document. Our division is responsible for giving road tests, performing eye examinations, and scoring written examinations for new driver licenses or renewals.
To visit theUtah Department of Public Safety,Driver License Division's website, please click here.
- Starting wage of $14.16 includes the $0.15 DLD uniform allowance.
- Complete and pass a Level II background investigation.
- Must obtain AAMVA certification within first 18 months and maintain certification thereafter.
- Valid driver license required to drive a motor vehicle on a highway in this state per UCA53-3-202(1)(a).
- Exposure to adverse, inclement, and varying weather conditions.
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
- customer service