- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $15.00 gross per hour
Job descriptions/specifications are intended to indicate the essential functions and levels of work difficulty of the position and are not intended to describe in detail all of the position's specific duties and responsibilities nor exclude other duties of similar level or difficulty. Additionally, it is not intended to limit management's rights to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Under general supervision, this position will instruct and assist clients in the drug screening process.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions are those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.)
- This position will instruct and assist clients in the drug screening process by collecting breath and/or urine samples from drug court participants.
- File paperwork associated with each sample.
- Be dependable and meet acceptable attendance requirements at all times.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and regulations.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
A. Protect confidential information by preventing unauthorized release, both verbal and/or writing.
B. Perform other related duties as assigned.
The degree of knowledge and ability as outlined under this section is that which is necessary to satisfactory perform the essential functions of this position set forth above and:
Knowledge of the following (not all-inclusive):
- Basic filing; English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Customer service needs and delivery.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment, programs applications and uses.
- Governmental legal office practices and procedures.
- Deliver quality customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality of work.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understand and follow instructions orally and in writing.
- Operate and use modern office equipment including computer and computer programs.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work a flexible work schedule: The Applicant must be available approximately 2-4 hours per week, approximately 2-3 days per week on varying days of the week.
Experience, Education and Training:
Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
Education: Must possess high school diploma or GED certificate.
License or Certificate: Must possess at the time of employment and continuously throughout employment a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483. Successful applicant must be able to be licensed as a Notary Public in the State of Nevada.
Work is performed under the following conditions:
Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; sustained posture in a seated position for prolonged periods of time; occasional stooping, twisting, bending, kneeling, and reaching; vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone; endurance sufficient to maintain efficiency and energy through work day. Must be able to attend off-site/out of town training occasionally, handle stressful situations and must be able to carry/lift/push or pull loads of up to 25lbs.
Dealing With Difficult People:
Employee will have to deal with difficult people from time-to-time in the performance of this job. Accordingly, good people skills are necessary.
Position is considered safety sensitive and is subject to pre employment and random drug testing.
The City of Mesquite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. The City of Mesquite encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- customer service