- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Grand Rapids
We are a leading construction company specializing in commercial new builds and remodels. We take pride in our work and are looking for crew members and leaders who do the same. Based out of Michigan, our company runs many projects year-round. Not only do we want our company to grow, we want you to advance with us!
- Must have ability to get to scheduled job site.
- Must be reliable.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broad knives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Apply 1st, 2nd & 3rd coats of compound
- Sand areas after each coat
- Have a working knowledge of power tools and equipment
- Lifts ' Drywall lifts; Mini lifters; Roll lifters
- Putty knives ' Corner knives; Joint knives; Taping knives; Wipe-down knives
- Trowels ' Bullnose trowels; Drywall trowels; Inside corner trowels; Outside corner trowels
- Be able to use MECHANICAL TAPING TOOLS (bazooka, flat box, flushers, etc)
What we offer:
- Negotiated pay based on skills and years of experience. Raises based on performance and attendance.
- Health benefits available after 60 days of hire.
- 401k plans.
- A great place to work where advancement and opportunity is endless!
It is the policy of this company to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
About the company