- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Downers Grove
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions , the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers' teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we're building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources - inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers' formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you'll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
At Univar Solutions our vision is to redefine distribution and be the most valued chemical and ingredient distributor on the planet. We are seeking to add eCommerce Merchandiser to our team. This role will be critical in developing an information architecture and collaborating with organizational partners to aggregate product information. The eCommerce Merchandiser is responsible for maintenance and quality of product information to ensure complete and accurate information in support of Univar Solutions' E-commerce platform and other digital solutions. The incumbent will:
- Create a product information asset that can be leveraged in various presentation layers such as UnivarSolutions.com
- Perform content activities such as data analysis, editing, applying updates resulting from normalization, technical content support and other functions related to content issues along with ensuring the consistency of product information
- Address data content, consistency, and Taxonomy issues and analyze the best way to implement within the Taxonomy Structure
- Build relationships across the organization to gain alignment on product information structure and requirements
- Perform ad-hoc work to support the maintenance of Univar Solutions customer portals and E-commerce platforms
- Respond to and take-action on customer feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to support the team outside of core responsibilities
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new tools
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, library science, engineering, or other related discipline
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with a Product Information Management system
- Experience with SalesForce and SAP
- BS/BA required
- 1-3 years of experience in information architecture or related field preferred
- Interest in understanding chemical products and applications
- Familiarity with UX and/or digital merchandising
- Ability to translate complex research into easily digestible visualizations
- Intellectual curiosity and business acumen
- Detail and deadline oriented
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
Univar Solutions employees selected for this role will remain in their "Legacy Company's" compensation and benefits package.
- customer service