- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
TelForce Group is looking for an Electrical Engineer in the Omaha, NE area. This is a full time, direct hire position.
The Electrical Engineer will be primarily responsible for leading the engineering and design of power, lighting and communications infrastructure for smart city networks and applications. This person will be highly experienced and have a passion for cutting edge technology with a willingness to obtain required licenses in various states where opportunities exist. The Electrical Engineer will work closely with multiple interoffice departments as well as external vendors while supplying estimates, developing project timelines and providing technical writing during the client proposal process in support of our business development team.
Electrical Engineer Description:
• Develop and maintain detailed understanding of contractual requirements. Review customer requirements and expectations with project management and engineering teams to meet and exceed customer requirements.
• Assist project development team with solution development, technical writing and estimating. Develop alternative solutions with associated cost estimates that meet established user requirements.
• Lead the engineering and design of communications and electrical infrastructure as it relates to smart city technology, communications networks and intelligent transportation systems.
• Analyze stakeholder requirements, applicable codes and standards to determine the most appropriate design.
• Prepare schematic level design documents and cost estimates.
• Perform site assessments while documenting existing conditions and making recommendations pertinent to established design concepts.
• Coordinate electrical and communications requirements with civil engineering design team.
• Prepare code-compliant electrical construction plans and specifications.
• Perform photometric calculations, load calculations, fault current and any other calculations required to support the electrical design.
• Prepare detailed installation drawings, including detailed device mounting, wiring diagrams, cable specifications and conduit sizing/routing.
• Work closely with project manager to develop and maintain a project schedule.
• Work closely with equipment vendors and manufacturers for the selection of appropriate materials and equipment.
• Prepare final estimates and bills of materials. Assist with the procurement and tracking of materials.
• Participate in the construction quality control process, including site inspections, change process management and as-built record documentation.
Electrical Engineer Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Must be a fully licensed Professional Engineer with a desire to obtain PE licenses in multiple states.
• RCDD a plus.
• Preferred software experience: AutoCAD, Visio, Blue Beam, Lighting design software and/or Wireless design software.
• Proficiency in using Excel for engineering calculations and estimating purposes.
• Preferred engineering experience: area/site lighting design, power distribution design, low-voltage systems design, wireless communications design, outside plant communications design and/or utility/light pole make ready process.
• Preferred technology experience: fiber optic networks, 5G/small cell, smart street lights, WiFi, IP video surveillance, parking management, intelligent transportation systems, digital signage/information kiosks, connected vehicle/autonomous cars, environmental sensors and/or other IoT technologies.
• Preferred operational telecom experience: project scheduling/critical path methodology, developing and maintaining project budgets, facilitating project meetings and/or experience with DOTs and municipalities.
Candidates must be at least 18 years old and be able to pass a Background, Drug and DMV screening to be considered for all job openings. Candidates must have a valid driver’s licenses and be insured; some jobs may require travel up to multiple weeks at a time. Please send all resumes with certifications relative to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. In subject line, please note the position you are applying for, a current resume in Word format, 2 references, phone number and email. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to
About the company
Is the 1 Global Telecom and Wireless Job Board Telecomcareers offers over 150,000 mobile, telecom and it resumes.