- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately $9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
- Candidate will perform electrical technologist level work in Utilities Power Distribution Group & Powerhouses.
- Candidate will be involved in the design, installation, operation, maintenance, and ongoing improvements of electrical systems and equipment in assigned area.
- Candidate must function well in a group or team environment. This position requires working closely with operations, maintenance, manufacturing supervision, contract engineering, project engineers, project managers, construction forces, and members of Plant Engineering staff to assist the manufacturing units in meeting maintenance and production objectives.
- Candidate will be in a Staff group directly supporting Power Distribution Maintenance Group.
- Candidate’s primary job expectations will be to support a manufacturing division in the design and installation of various electrical projects including: engineering studies, electrical equipment/instrument specification and selection, capital project support, project estimating, technical field support of electrical systems and equipment, project scope documentation, high voltage equipment, power distribution, wiring and motor circuit installations, instrumentation selection and installation design, basic programming, etc.
- Candidate must be comfortable learning and working with a number of digital tools such as Project Wise, PI, SharePoint, etc.; in addition to the Microsoft suite of tools.
- General electrical experience is desired in areas such as process instrumentation, process control, grounding, lighting, and motors.
- Candidate will need to be able to make sketches and be able to pull together cost estimates for equipment changes/upgrades.
- Candidate should be familiar with reading P&IDs, Electrical Elementaries, Single-Line Drawings.
- Candidate must complete all assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Associates Degree/College Diploma or 7 years equivalent experience.
- Candidate must have good personal communication and people skills. Interaction with operations and maintenance personnel occurs daily.
- Candidate must be customer focused, self motivated, and goal oriented.
- Candidate must have experience with design, drafting and field verification, installation, documentation, troubleshooting, and problem solving of equipment in an industrial plant environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects is a must. Candidate must also be able to coordinate multi-discipline projects.
- Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database progams) are required.
- Experience with High Voltage Electrical Workis desirable.
- Familiarity with power and transmission is a plus.
- Familiarity with the latest NEC is desirable.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
- ms project
About the company
Eastman manufactures chemicals, fibers and plastics materials which are used by our customers as key ingredients to make the products that you use every day.