- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking anElectrical Tester I to join our first shift team.This position will be based at our Fayetteville,NC facility.
The Electrical Tester I will prepare apparatusfor test and inspections in accordance with procedures and testspecifications. Move apparatus to and from test and position as required.The Tester will be responsible forworking from oral and/or writteninstructions from supervisors and/or prints, diagrams and manufacturinginformation sheets. Perform electrical sequence tests, according to thespecifications, diagram or schematic, as required. Check outinter-related electrical circuits between separate cells where methods andprocedures have been established. Check out metering circuits. Inspectand test standard and non-standard fixed assemblies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes thepassion of every employee around the world. We create an environment wherecreativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reachyour full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will perform mechanical inspection and insulation tests as required.
- You will inspect cells, panels and components for appearance, omissions, damage, and electro-mechanical malfunction.
- You will troubleshoot malfunctions of apparatus under test to determine causes and report findings to the supervisor, engineering, etc.
- You will check all components listed on customer orders to make sure orders are complete prior to packaging and shipment.
- You will work in conjunction with Engineering, Quality Control, etc., concerning test procedures, specifications and problems.
- You will ensure changes, corrections and repairs are made as required.
- You will make recommendations to other personnel concerning assembly, checking, calibration, and wiring procedures.
- You will ensure maintenance and calibration of equipment is being completed.
When we embrace the different ideas,perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individualsand as a company — are stronger.
Weare committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicantsand employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasonsregardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, geneticinformation, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 75 Miles of the Fayetteville, NC facility will be considered for this position.
- One year of electrical testing experience OR an associate’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience working with electrical control distribution assemblies and/or electrical testing
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical engineering disciplines for product design and development
- Previous experience testing with electrical current
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No