- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Sullivan County
Additional Job Information
- PRN Schedule - - Non-Benefit Eligible - - Expert Pay - More Information:
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital (MBSH) is an acute-care facility located off Highway 44 in Sullivan, Missouri, serving the residents of Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties. MBSH just recently completed an 8-year journey from a very small facility to a very, very modern facility that can treat and take care of patients with special problems. The Wound Care Center, which is the newest specialized center of its kind within a 60-mile radius, is a perfect example of that. MBSH also operates a visiting specialty clinic program in its Medical Office Building. Visiting physicians with expertise in a variety of medical specialties come to the Hospital from Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri. This gives patients the opportunity to see and receive treatment from highly skilled specialists without leaving the Sullivan area. The Hospital is an integral part of the rural communities we serve-our patients are also our friends and neighbors-so we have a special sense of commitment to provide excellent care to every patient.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital's Emergency Department experienced continued growth in 2010 seeing more than 20,000 patients.Our 24/7staff includes experienced emergency physicians with a nurse practitioner or physician assistant caring for our non-urgent cases.All staff have specialized training in trauma care, advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support, and 12-lead EKG interpretation forstroke and cardiac patients.We have several nurses with more than 30 years experience in emergency care and other nurses who are paramedics.Our latest technology includes a 64 slice CT machine, used by many of the large trauma centers in St. Louis.We have our own ambulance service that features a paramedic on each unit.When needed, we also have access to helicopter transportation for patients needing a higher level of care.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Emergency Nurse.
- Cert/Lic in Area of Expertise
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Time Critical Diagnosis
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company