- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $16.00 - $18.00 gross per hour
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
An employee in this classification is responsible for administering first aid to guests of the RP Funding Center. Work involves administering emergency and basic first aid to guests oremployees, maintaining safety standards, utilizing skilled knowledge of emergency policiesand procedures, maintaining records of incidents/accidents, monitoring building/guests forsafety standards, giving directions, adhering to building policies/procedures and specificevent requirements, handling customer questions and complaints. Work is carried outthrough verbal and/or written instructions and reports directly to the Emergency ServicesSupervisor, Team Leader and the Event Services Manager.
This is a part time temporary position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for inspection of facility prior to and during event for unsafebuilding or guest situations.
- Responsible for administering emergency first aid to guests or employees atthe RP Funding Centeras required.
- Must be proficient in the use of allassociated emergency equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that first aid signingsheets, time cards and event paperwork are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for accurate completion of all medical emergency/accidentreports during work shift. Ensuring that they are turned in to appropriatemanagement staff upon completion of shift.
- Handles problems and complaints in a calm, professional, courteous, andtimely manner. Directs others to appropriate supervisors.
- Provides special direction of information to guests in regard tohandicapped seating, procedures for lost and found articles, restorelocations and specific event information as instructed.
- Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs and other areas free of congestion.
- Monitors crowd for adherence to building policy standards, i.e. smoking,cameras, food/beverage policies and specific event requirements.
- Monitors facility for accidents and unsafe conditions and reports same tothe appropriate personnel immediately.
- Monitors ticketed/non-ticketedevents and performs duties as eventrequirements dictate.
- Expected to follow the established dress and behavior codes.
- Expected to attend event staff meetings, supervisory meetings, preventmeetings and training classes to keep up to date on building policies andprocedures as required.
- Required to perform other duties and job classifications forthe RP Funding Center as special and emergency situations or event requirement dictates.
- Routinely monitors events in case an emergency arises
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma.
- Completion of certification for EMT or Paramedic licensing.
Required Documents: Valid EMT or Paramedic license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency medical procedures and the use of all medical equipment and supplies, building policies and event requirements.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and climb stairs to inspect and handle problems, inspect the facility and handle emergency situations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects or injured guests as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to stay alert and observant of surroundings in order to preventaccidents and safety problems.
- Ability to handle stressful or emergency situations for guests and personalsafety.
- Available to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Requires heavy work that involves constantly lifting, pushing, or raising objects, and exerting 50 to 75 pounds on a recurring basis and exerting 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- The job risks exposure to the following environmental hazards: Bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights, disease/pathogens, toxic/caustic chemicals, explosives, and violence.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
The City of Lakeland is a drug free workplace. This position is considered a mandatory testing position, which is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing. All City of Lakeland positions are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing. As a condition of employment, you will be required to pass the pre-employment drug test in accordance with Florida Statute 440.102.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE