- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $33,417.00 - $48,455.00 gross per year
- Osage Beach
Full time EMTs work 48 hours per week. 2) 24-hour shifts
The salary range (including 8-hours overtime each week) is $33,417 to $48,455. The starting salary range (including 8-hours overtime each week) is $33,417 to $36,759 (DOQ).
The Ambulance EMT-B performs general operations of the Ambulance Division in accordance with established policies and procedures set forth by the Ambulance Division and the Osage Beach Police Department. This position requires Paramedics to deliver patient care in accordance with the established Patient Care Guidelines set forth by the Ambulance Department as well as current nationally recognized patient care standards.
Expectation of Job Duties
- Maintains a Missouri Class F Operators License and safe driving record.
- Maintains licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic in accordance with Missouri Bureau of Emergency Medical Services licensure/relicensure regulations.
- Maintains current in American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- Responds to medical emergencies and performs tasks to include but not limited to:
- Performs scene assessment and management procedures.
- Coordinates medical/rescue tactics with other rescue personnel and civilians on scene.
- Performs effective radio communication with dispatch.
- Delivers patient care and transportation at a National Standard EMT-B level and standards set forth by the Ambulance Supervisor and Medical Director.
- Continues patient care until such time that care is transferred to an equal or higher level.
- Assists EMT-P in performing advanced life support procedures.
- Prepares patient care and Ambulance Division reports in accordance with department procedure.
- Enters ambulance response data on computer software.
- Performs ambulance equipment and operational check at the beginning of each shift.
- Maintains ambulance equipment in operational order and reports discrepancies to the Ambulance Supervisor.
- Performs operator maintenance on ambulances i.e., adding fluids, tire pressure.
- Maintains cleanliness and repair of ambulance living quarters.
- Represents the City of Osage Beach in safety and training programs/displays.
- Missouri licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic
- Possess a valid Missouri operator's license.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of current national standard patient care and ambulance operation procedures.
- Knowledge of City and Department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of department owned equipment.
- Knowledge of Police Department two-way radio communication.
- Knowledge of streets, roads, and addresses in the City of Osage Beach.
- Skill in operating emergency response vehicles.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with patients, co-workers, department and city officials.
- Ability to work and think efficiently under adverse conditions.