- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $22,880.00 gross per year
- Osage Beach
Performs general operations of the Ambulance Division in accordance with established policies and procedures set forth by the Ambulance Division and the Osage Beach Police Department. This position requires Paramedics to deliver patient care in accordance with the established Patient Care Guidelines set forth by the Ambulance Department as well as current nationally recognized patient care standards.
Expectation of Job Duties
The following examples are meant to be illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive:
- Responds to medical emergencies and performs tasks to include but not limited to:
- Scene assessment and management procedures.
- Coordinate medical/rescue tactics with other rescue personnel and civilians on scene.
- Perform effective radio communication with dispatch.
- Deliver patient care and transportation at a National Standard EMT-B level and standards set forth by the Ambulance Supervisor and Medical Director.
- Continue patient care until such time that care is transferred to an equal or higher level.
- Assist EMT-P in performing advanced life support procedures.
- Prepare patient care and Ambulance Division reports in accordance with department procedure. Enters ambulance response data on computer software.
- Perform ambulance equipment and operational check at the beginning of each shift.
- Maintain ambulance equipment in operational order and reports discrepancies to the Ambulance Supervisor.
- Performs operator maintenance on ambulances (i.e., adding fluids, tire pressure).
- Maintains cleanliness and repair of ambulance living quarters.
- Represents the City of Osage Beach in safety and training programs/displays.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Missouri Class F Drivers License and safe driving record.
- Possess a valid licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician-Basic in accordance with Missouri Bureau of Emergency Medical Services licensure/relicensureregulations.
- Possess a valid certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
- At least one (1) year experience as an EMT-B in a rural environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Current national standard patient care and ambulance operation procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of names and locations of principal streets and buildings in Osage Beach, as well as the surrounding area.
- Operate City vehicle under normal and emergency driving conditions; evaluate and react accordingly to an emergency.
- Operate a two-way mobile and hand-held radio.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, other agencies and general public.
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions with limited supervision.
- Workand think efficiently under adverse conditions.