- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Creve Coeur
Additional Job Information
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible - Job ID: 1200646
Employment Status: Full-Time
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is known for outstanding patient care and offers highly specialized surgical and medical services in an intimate environment. Our partnership with Washington University Physicians, BJC Medical Group and private practice physicians allows patients access to the latest research, medicine and technology. This hospital is conveniently located just west of I-270 at Mason Road and Olive Boulevard and offers free employee parking. With the opening of our replacement hospital, new team members will have wonderful opportunities to start and grow their career at BJC. To learn more, visit BarnesJewishWestCounty.org
The Emergency Department at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is a full service 8 bed Emergency Department, staffed by Registered Nurses, Patient Care Techs, and Washington University Emergency Medicine Physicians. We meet the needs of our community by serving both pediatric and adult populations.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified Emergency Nurse.
- Cert/Lic in Area of Expertise
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
- Time Critical Diagnosis
- Trauma Nurse Core Course
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company