- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
Additional Job Information
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible - Job ID: 1200704
Employment Status: Full-Time
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Emergency Department at Barnes-Jewish Hospital is an opportunity to work in a dynamic, urban setting where the arrival of each new second brings with it an opportunity to serve a melting pot of a community with a wide array of medical needs. We specialize in a rapid assessment and treatment of patients when every second counts, particularly during the initial phase of acute illness and trauma. The Barnes-Jewish Hospital Emergency Department is a Level I Trauma facility and a leader in disaster preparedness for the St. Louis region. No one shift is like the other; no one minute is like the next.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company