- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Creve Coeur
Additional Job Information
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible - Job ID: 1200644
Employment Status: Full-Time
Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is known for outstanding patient care and offers highly specialized surgical and medical services in an intimate environment. Our partnership with Washington University Physicians, BJC Medical Group and private practice physicians allows patients access to the latest research, medicine and technology. This hospital is conveniently located just west of I-270 at Mason Road and Olive Boulevard and offers free employee parking. With the opening of our replacement hospital, new team members will have wonderful opportunities to start and grow their career at BJC. To learn more, visit BarnesJewishWestCounty.org
The Emergency Department at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital is a full service 8 bed Emergency Department, staffed by Registered Nurses, Patient Care Techs, and Washington University Emergency Medicine Physicians. We meet the needs of our community by serving both pediatric and adult populations.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient's response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional JobInformation
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
-On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
-Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Medical Group, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the company